Search

I may start a new religion based on the CP Desk

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2004, 7:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
I may start a new religion based on the CP Desk

We have heard a lot about the dill weeds in PHL. But I didn’t run into them this weekend. I did have to call on the CP desk, repeatedly. As highly as I have thought of them and all the compliments I have made about them on these boards, I cannot express how fantastic these people are. Words fail me. Two different people there went so far beyond the call of duty that I am astounded, even after all the great things they have done in the past and how much I have grown to expect of them. And not only them but also some people in CLT as well.

I saw a Broadway show recently where the star (well, the only person since it was a one person show) said people asked him if he weren’t afraid to live in NYC and ride the subway because of terrorists. And he said basically, **** 'em. He was going to keep living here and riding the subway because that was what he did. And if the ship went down, he was going down with it. I feel that way about US at this point because of the CP desk. I’m not overly optimistic about US, especially after the debacle in PHL. But I am riding this one out to the end with them. The CP desk people deserve that. My next tickets are going to be on US.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Another believer here

I'm glad I was not flying this weekend. My non-status cousin's BWI - MSY flight was cancelled on Christmas Day, and all she got was a refund offer or "the next available flight" out, which turns out to be today via PHL ! In frustration, she asked me why I kept on flying US Airways...

One of my main reasons is the CP desk. I've called them "my angel in the sky when traveling" and I still feel the same way. They've done everything they could, sometimes bending the rules, to make this CP happy. And I never forget the time when they got me out of a horrible situation (when MIA was closed near Labor Day for a few days because of hurricane) when hundreds of others were standing in line waiting for standy seats. I'd keep flying with them "until the ship goes down" - if ever. Oh sure, I've had to deal with a few surly CAs or FAs now and then, but the vast majority are just plain wonderful. I still feel good when they look me in the eye and say sincerely, "Thanks for all the flying you do with us".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.