Wiki Posts
Search

Message to Call out employees

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2004, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (US) gold, HH gold, Bonvoy gold
Message to Call out employees

This is from the Washington Post 12/26. I am once again wondering about the safty of my miles and continued exclusive U flying. The unions need to decide if they want jobs in the future - hence organize to make this right to the customers this week and argue about the contracts in some other venue. Or are they really trying to shut the place down - now a much more likely scenario in the next month or two due to customer flight. This next few days are critical to just help the situation - it will take months to years to make people forget - and an advertising campaign by the workers stating that it won't happen again.

Note that the government stated this wasn't a weather or airport related problem.

"Two Airlines' Woes Snarl Christmas Travel

By Alan Cooperman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, December 26, 2004; 10:29 AM

Thousands of airline passengers were stranded across the country on Christmas, and many others arrived without suitcases full of gifts as two airlines, USAirways and Comair, struggled with computer and staffing problems.

Since Christmas Day is one of the lightest air travel days of the year, the snarling of baggage and cancellation of hundreds of flights yesterday were "extraordinary," Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Greg Martin said.

He said the problems at USAirways and Comair "reside with the airlines' own operations" and did not result from snowstorms across the Midwest. "It is extraordinary in that you have two situations that do not involve weather, nor are due to any incident involving the airspace system, such as malfunctioning radar," Martin said.

"Both situations are resulting in terrific customer inconvenience," he added.

One scene of particular confusion was USAirways' hub in Philadelphia International Airport. Unclaimed suitcases piled up until the airline sent five aircraft full of luggage, and without any passengers, to its baggage-handling center in Charlotte for sorting....:

Last edited by steves; Dec 26, 2004 at 8:51 am
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by steves
I am once again wondering about the safty of my miles and continued exclusive U flying. The unions need to decide if they want jobs in the future - hence organize to make this right to the customers this week and argue about the contracts in some other venue. Or are they really trying to shut the place down - now a much more likely scenario in the next month or two due to customer flight. This next few days are critical to just help the situation - it will take months to years to make people forget - and an advertising campaign by the workers stating that it won't happen again.

Note that the government stated this wasn't a weather or airport related problem.
I couldn't agree more. While not exclusively a US flyer, I do have tix for March and wondered myself what the unions were thinking when the news came on the TV yesterday. Who exactly are they sabotoging?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.