Wiki Posts
Search

USAirways lives!?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2004, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (US) gold, HH gold, Bonvoy gold
USAirways lives!?

I just spoke with a friend who thinks people will forget and he will book on U near term because it's the cheapest flight going where he wants to go when he wants to go.

Is this the future?
Old Dec 27, 2004, 10:50 am
pgalore

Originally Posted by steves
I just spoke with a friend who thinks people will forget and he will book on U near term because it's the cheapest flight going where he wants to go when he wants to go.

Is this the future?
How do you know that the employees won't call in sick on any flight you purchase?

I think that US is going the way of the dodo..

Old Dec 27, 2004, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Alot of people affected by the issues US experienced this weekend are "once a year" fliers who probably won't remember what happened, anyway.

And even if they do, most of them book on price alone, so if US is the cheapest, they'll get the revenue.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:01 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Northwest Runway Sunday was a similar PR disaster in media coverage and passenger anger. Planes lined up, waiting for gates that were snowed in, all over the DTW airport field for 8+ hours. Bathrooms overflowing. No food or drinks. It was pretty bad, according to people who lived through it. But it didn't take long for NW to recover. US just needs to get their house in order and keep flying out of bankruptcy. By next Christmas, if they're in business, people will have forgotten this.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:44 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
It's one thing when delay is weather-related, but it's another when it's personnel-related. Will bad weather always coincide with every busy traveling seasons? Probably not. Will angry US employees always threaten to create chaos at every busy traveling seasons to demonstrate their dissatisfaction if they continue to be at odds with management? Likely. People will forgive and forget if they get stranded because of bad weather, but people will not forget if their travel plans were interrupted because some irresponsible people didn't feel like working on the holidays and wanted to make a point.
Frankly, I stopped booking on US months ago for fears of what happened this past weekend. After this chaos, I wouldn't consider flying US even if it's free (really!!) if I know I have an important engagment that I must attend!
The plugs have been pulled by those few bad apples in US. Just my opinion.

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.