Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BofA Waives DM Visa renewal fee

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2005, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
I called to cancel today and they were just going to close the account without an offer for a different USairways card (classic, or gold) instead of signature or even a different bank of AMerica card. I didn't even get transferred to the cancellation department. Sounds like others have had better succes than me. My fee hasn't posted yet but I thought it would post April 9th. I decided to keep the card until my annual fee is due on May 31, 2005. Maybe next time when I call back I will get someone who is interested in reducing my annual fee or offering me a different Bank of America card (not that I want one of them). It almost seemed like Bank of AMerica didn't want me as a customer anymore.

Sincerely,

JC
Old Mar 31, 2005, 10:24 am

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
I didn't have much luck just now calling them, but they told me that they would "prorate" the fee if US were to go belly up during the year that I'd be paying the fee for. I asked them what good prorating the fee would do when any miles earned could be orphaned. They told me that "US Airways has lots of partners", to which I responded that a bankrupt partner like United may or may not assume US's customers' miles in their condition.

They claimed that their agreement with US Airways does not allow them to waive the fee, which can't be true if they have not only been doing it but also awarding bonus miles to customers who retained their cards.

I might try calling again later to see if I get someone else who can do more for me...... I've had the US Airways card for 10 years now; they should do something to recognize loyalty to US and Bank of America.

At least I won't have many miles orphaned....I've redeemed hudreds of thousands of miles over the years so I'm good.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:06 am

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
Originally Posted by dhacker
I've had the card for a year now and never even received a $99 companion cert. When was I supposed to get it?
It was printed directly on your December statement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.