Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger)
Reload this Page >

US Airways Adds New GoFares (TLH, PNS), More Flights in Philadelphia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Adds New GoFares (TLH, PNS), More Flights in Philadelphia

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2004, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Post US Airways Adds New GoFares (TLH, PNS), More Flights in Philadelphia

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040721/dcw030_1.html

Press Release Source: US Airways

US Airways Adds New GoFares, More Flights in Philadelphia
Wednesday July 21, 9:52 am ET

ARLINGTON, Va., July 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways today continues its campaign to bring low fares and convenient air service to Philadelphia, with the introduction of new GoFares to both Pensacola and Tallahassee, Fla., as well as 18 new flights to popular destinations.

US Airways' Philadelphia-Tallahassee GoFares start as low as $89* each way in Coach Class, with last-minute fares as low as $192* each way. Philadelphia-Pensacola GoFares begin at $109* each way, with last-minute fares available as low as $217* each way. The lowest fares require a 14-day advance purchase. All fares are available immediately.

"The good news is that we are adding more GoFares. The better news is that our customers like them," said B. Ben Baldanza, US Airways senior vice president of marketing and planning. "With over 50 percent of the local Philadelphia travelers we carry going to our 15 existing GoFares markets, these low, simple fares have been a great success."

US Airways has also added 18 new flights to its October schedule, increasing the daily departures between Philadelphia and 12 cities across the country.

September October
Between Philadelphia and: Departures Departures Increase
Nashville 4 5 1
Dallas 3 4 1
Fort Lauderdale, Fla. 5 7 2
Indianapolis 5 6 1
Kansas City, Mo. 3 4 1
Orlando, Fla. 9 11 2
Manchester, N.H. 7 8 1
West Palm Beach, Fla. 4 6 2
Providence, R.I. 7 10 3
Raleigh/Durham, N.C. 6 8 2
San Diego 2 3 1
Tampa, Fla. 7 8 1
Total 62 80 18

US Airways introduced the first phase of its GoFares in Philadelphia on April 29, 2004, and GoFares are now available on 17 routes, including Pensacola and Tallahassee.

A full list of Philadelphia GoFares markets is available online at http://www.usairways.com/gofares.

In addition to low fares, customers flying US Airways enjoy: advance seat assignments; pre-boarding for Preferred Dividend Miles members; a First Class cabin with the ability to upgrade from Coach Class; In-flight Cafe on select flights; and the ability to earn frequent flier miles for travel to and from more than 750 worldwide destinations through US Airways' participation in the Star Alliance.
# US Airways' GoFares are simple, however, in addition to the fare, the federal government requires that the company collect a tax of $3.10 every time a customer takes off on one of US Airways' planes, plus $2.50 per segment, up to $10 per trip (the September 11th Security Fee). Some of the airports that customers might visit also charge up to $4.50 for passing through, but the total is capped at $18 per trip. The lowest fares are one-way, and are nonrefundable. Last minute fares are also available one-way. Other restrictions may apply. For more details, see http://www.usairways.com/gofares.

US Airways is the nation's seventh-largest airline, serving nearly 200 communities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America. US Airways, US Airways Shuttle and the US Airways Express partner carriers operate over 3,300 flights per day. For more information on US Airways flight schedules and fares, contact US Airways online at http://www.usairways.com, or call US Airways Reservations at 1-800-428-4322.

Source: US Airways
Old Jul 21, 2004, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat
"campaign to bring low fares to PHL"?

That's rich. How surprising that US suddenly got an urge to cater to Philadelphians about the same time that Southwest showed up!

Old Jul 21, 2004, 10:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DeacDiggler
"campaign to bring low fares to PHL"?

That's rich. How surprising that US suddenly got an urge to cater to Philadelphians about the same time that Southwest showed up!

i guess we will know that U is serious about GOFARES when they bring them to the shuttle. LOL!
Old Jul 21, 2004, 11:57 pm

Programs: US1
Originally Posted by www.iflyswa.com
i guess we will know that U is serious about GOFARES when they bring them to the shuttle. LOL!
IFLYSWA.com What is your deal with US Airways???? You NEVER have one good thing to say about them. Everytime you post in the US Airways threads it is ALWAYS negative. And I am not the first person to point this out.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 5:15 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, HH Diam, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Discvrist, Pri Clb, WN, AA, DL, F9, Global Entry/TSA Pre
I Appreciate US GoFares, BUT...

They would not EXIST in the first place if WN hadn't come to town. I hate to see anyone (US employees/customers) be in a financial pinch or worse lose employment, but come on, US was HOSING Delaware Valley air travelers for years. There is a place for both at PHL, but if US insists on watering down the perks (1st class seats, meals??, upgrade availability...etc), I can see a slow painful death for a once proud airline.

BTW, I have taken 2 recent R/T's on WN to get my free ticket with Rapid Rewards...absolutely NO problems with all 4 flights, clean new planes, cheery employees and every time an "A" boarding pass. I've also noticed the WN traveler is getting more savvy, as in NOT getting in the cattle chute until about 1/2 hour before boarding .
Old Jul 22, 2004, 5:20 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by www.iflyswa.com
You obviously haven't flown the Shuttle much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.