Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which is the nicest USAirways Club?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2004, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
No T-Mobile at BOS.

One thing I like about DCA is that there is a private changing room in conjunction with the bathroom. Otherwise LGA, BOS and DCA are very similar and they are never crowded when I use them.

One that stands out as being crappy is PIT.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I personally really like the club at LAX. It's small, but it does not get crowded, and it truly a welcome relief from the masses of people congregating at the WN gates. Terminal 1 is very congested, with little entertainment value besides watching the WN flyers jockeying for their position in the cattle call, so it's a godsend to have a quiet lounge to pass the time before boarding. It's also a few steps away from the food court, allowing for easy access to eats if you don't feel like overpaying for club cuisine.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 9:48 am

One I've not seen discussed here is TPA. Very spacious and quiet. Probably underused. Excellent views of the runways.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 9:49 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
In the category of domestic clubs, DCA wins for me. SFO is too cramped and the bathroom is way too small. The center concourse club at CLT comes in second with TPA third.

All US clubs are far more comfortable than UA clubs.

P.S. SFO gets another demerit because they don't sell food. Good luck getting anything barely palatable to eat in the amongst rest of the US gates in Terminal 1
If you sweet talk the agents, they will usually let you bring in a sandwhich or something reletively clean provided that it stays AT THE BAR ONLY! One person comes to mind
Old Jul 8, 2004, 11:51 am

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sfeinberg
If you sweet talk the agents, they will usually let you bring in a sandwhich or something reletively clean provided that it stays AT THE BAR ONLY! One person comes to mind
I resemble that remark.

Old Jul 8, 2004, 12:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Platinum, AA, AS, DL, NH, QF, QR, UA, USAF
Question Envoy lounge in PHL when returning from LGW?

Can you use the Envoy lounge in PHL when waiting for a connection between a flight in Envoy Class from LGW to a Domestic First Class flight (probably in C concourse) or just the US Airways club between B & C? I noticed some major delays in the past few days.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 1:10 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by AZ Boomer
Can you use the Envoy lounge in PHL when waiting for a connection between a flight in Envoy Class from LGW to a Domestic First Class flight (probably in C concourse)....
Yes, or even with a connection from an Envoy flight to a flight in coach.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 2:08 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
You can use the "other side" of the lounge on a purely domestic schedule as well. It is still pretty swanky.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 8:32 am

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
I used one of my club passes in Boston yesterday. I have to say that although the lounge itself isn't that great (it's nice and big and empty, but no t-mobile, hard to find power outlets, and the soda fountain wasn't working), the staff is absolutely fantastic. The ladies there are really a class act. I let them know that they are a great example of why I continue to fly US despite all the crap that they are going through. They really seemed touched by my kind words.

Next time I go through Boston, I'm going to drop them off a box of chocolates or candy as a thank you.

^ ^ to the staff at the BOS Club.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:59 am

Programs: US Silver, Hilton Diamond,
I'm pretty much only in and out of PHL, and have found the club (B/C) there to be pretty decent with an occassional mouse running through for entertainment. The lady behind the bar on weekdays always knows what I want before I ask and that helps. Had my first stop at the F terminal last Saturday. The club is small but cozy and the staff was friendly.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 11:53 am

Programs: us1
I think LGA has to be the worst.

The staff at the front desk are flat out rude! They are insululted that you would consider asking for anything.

I agree the one in Tampa is pretty good.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
LGA Agents Rock!

Originally Posted by Middleseat8
The staff at the front desk are flat out rude! They are insulted that you would consider asking for anything.
My experiences have been completely opposite of yours. Those ladies are the best! They've gone out of their way many times to make sure I am taken care of, proactively offering solutions I wouldn't have dared ask for. They are always honest about my upgrade and standby chances, keep me informed of delays (usually personally walking over to where I'm seated)... If my travel schedule keeps me away for more than a week or two I am welcomed into the club with a "where have you been?? We've missed you!"

The club itself is decent...TMobile, view of the gates, fairly well lit...the agents are the only thing making it special.

Last edited by shell nyc; Jun 28, 2005 at 2:00 pm
Old Jun 28, 2005, 2:33 pm

Can't say that I've ever really had a bad experience at any of the Clubs. LGA and CLT have always stood out to me for their service. I like the spaciousness of the main Club in CLT. However, the best club I've encountered is TPA. In addition to being an excellent facility, the staff there have gone above and beyond to help with my travel needs and business services on several occasions.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 4:49 pm

Programs: US-CP PCplatAmb HHgold MARgold
I've got to echo those that have said TPA. Just went through there this afternoon again, and the staff has got to be the best of all the clubs.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by shell nyc
My experiences have been completely opposite of yours. Those ladies are the best!
An experience today reminded my of how different opions are of how they are treated. I came up just behind someone at the BOS desk when our flight was cancelled. The agent interacted with him rather routinely when he tossed out "Do you always treat everyone this rudely? You've been rude to me ever since I walked in". As he walked away, the two of us in line commented to the agent that we saw nothing wrong with her actions, in fact whe was trying to help him, and that he must just be having a bad day.

I feel bad now that I didn't speak up while he was there.

This is my first time in the BOS club and it is quite nice. I agree that LGW is great, but it's a bit of a special case. I loved SFO when it was open, always found LAX a bit small, cold and sterile, and PIT is mediocre. The PHL club is nice in physical layout, but there never seems to be anything (food, drink, reading material, etc.) available when I'm there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.