FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-2005-america-west-merger-505/)
-   -   Which is the nicest USAirways Club? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-2005-america-west-merger/335257-nicest-usairways-club.html)

HeHateY Jul 7, 2004 12:04 am

Which is the nicest USAirways Club?

I have a pass to use up and was wondering if there was any that are extra special.

Thanks in advance.

sfeinberg Jul 7, 2004 12:06 am

All together now...

SFO!
SFO!
SFO!
SFO!
SFO!
SFO!
SFO!
SFO!
SFO!
SFO!
SFO!
SFO!
if you're not going to the left coast, i'd say DCA

planeluvr Jul 7, 2004 4:57 am

None are extra special. I do like the club in LGW and the Envoy lounge in PHL :D . But if you are going soon, I agree that SFO would be the choice.

bofie Jul 7, 2004 7:05 am

sfo is nice intimate and friendly

phl in F terminal ain't bad

synd Jul 7, 2004 7:31 am

yeah I do agree that SFO is the nicest club! little too much walking to do to get there though! but I love the envoy lounge at PHL also.

personally i like them better than the RCC's!

synd

dingo Jul 7, 2004 7:47 am

PHL and CLT in my opinion.

You're welcome in arrears.

Beckles Jul 7, 2004 8:20 am

LGW is by far the nicest US Airways Club, they have the best food and free booze, none of the others can compete with that.

As for all the other ones, none is so much better than the other that it's worth going out of your way for ... just use the pass at whatever club is most convenient.

HPTunco Jul 7, 2004 8:30 am

I agree with US's SFO club....but isn't that club closing?

The RCC club in SFO is like the lobby of a fine hotel, very comfortable with good service. We better get used to this because it may be the only facility in SFO for us soon.

Skyman Jul 7, 2004 4:21 pm

Never been to the SFO club. Otherwise, I like the clubs at DCA, BOS and PHL, in that order. If you have enough time there to justify the cost and if you don't mind paying, you have wi-fi Internet access at all three.

geo1005 Jul 7, 2004 4:22 pm

SFO is OK but other than the staff (who tie the LGW Arrivals staff as the absolute best in the US system) I really don't see what makes the SFO Club so much better than DCA, CLT, or PHL??? I've been there at least a dozen times so I don't think I'm missing anything. :confused:

I'm with Beckles > > > the LGW Club is #1 in my book. It's as nice as any Club in the system and it has free booze and champers! ^

longing4piedmont Jul 7, 2004 6:23 pm

Well I'm voting for CLT because I can still smoke there. Nice ladies on the desk and it's big enough it never gets really crowded. And aren't those cheese and crackers to die for? :eek:

BTW, I met my second FT'er last night on a flight and it was a real FT legend at that. I had the pleasure meeting Beckles and friend. The third last night was the person in the seat next to me who registed for FT today. Welcome flying monkey.

SPN Lifer Jul 7, 2004 8:15 pm

Visit while you can

See SFO Club Closing (October 2004?)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...4&page=3&pp=15

dsingerUNC Jul 7, 2004 8:52 pm

The TPA club is quite nice. It is the model picture used in the Attache magazine ads for the club.

NeoOfTheCRS Jul 7, 2004 9:44 pm

DCA wins in my book

In the category of domestic clubs, DCA wins for me. SFO is too cramped and the bathroom is way too small. The center concourse club at CLT comes in second with TPA third.

All US clubs are far more comfortable than UA clubs.

P.S. SFO gets another demerit because they don't sell food. Good luck getting anything barely palatable to eat in the amongst rest of the US gates in Terminal 1 :td:

DrivingRain Jul 7, 2004 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by geo1005

I'm with Beckles > > > the LGW Club is #1 in my book. It's as nice as any Club in the system and it has free booze and champers! ^

I used the Envoy arrival facility today (or is that yesterday?). ...Very, very nice...

Now if they could just add massage like BA! ;)