Wiki Posts
Search

Using Miles For Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2004, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Using Miles For Club Membership

I didn't want to start another thread on this, but the search function is still not working.

As many know, you can 'purchase' a club membership with miles. The amount varies by status. For CP, the cost is 40K miles. However, what is new for me is that you can add your spouse for 15K miles additional (for CP).

I also asked the club agent about a spouse to a comped membership, but she didn't have any reference for it. Might be intersting to find out for those who did a comped membership.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 6:05 am

Hmm

There's no way I would spend 40K miles for something that only costs less than $300 for a CP. (Unless I had "CPRich type-miles", in which case I would have been comped anyway)
Old Apr 5, 2004, 1:04 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
I wouldn't pay miles or $ for a U club membership. But if I really wanted it, I would use miles because I would feel really cheated with the limited access and tiers they have created if I used real dollars.

Last edited by planeluvr; Apr 5, 2004 at 1:13 pm
Old Apr 6, 2004, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
They made the US Club membership too complex - why nickel and dime on EVERYTHING you do?

As a result, I've dumped my US Club membership altogether and will just use my soon-to-be Star Gold status when flying international to get in. That's when I really use it anyway. If they'd left it alone, I would have extended my membership in a heartbeat but no.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.