Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas ticket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2003, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Qantas ticket

I am scheduled for LA to Sydney in January but my former girlfriend intentionally shred my ticket. What are my options with regards to restating the ticket? I already made the trip two years ago so I won't be too upset if I can't go but still.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 10:36 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Possibly the worst post......ever
Old Oct 23, 2003, 1:30 am

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
Ugh Are you serious?

If you are, I'd suggest you give USAirways international award desk a call and talk to them. I've heard of cases where they have re-printed a "lost" ticket, not sure what the official policy is.

I'm not sure I'd share the whole story with them, but that's up to you.

[This message has been edited by kv99 (edited 10-23-2003).]
Old Oct 23, 2003, 6:38 am
ATC

Location: Boston, Freefall: Chairman's Preferred -->Steerage Status
But the post hints of intrigue. And it raises so many questions.

Did she shred the ticket, or merely throw it away? Or was it tossed out the window with all of JJ's clothes? Does the implied passion indicate that she was exceptionally good in bed? Did JJ deserve to have his ticket shredded? Is that why he doesn't seem to particularly care whether or not his ticket is re-instated, i.e. redemption through forfeited award ticket? Did JJ actually have a couple of First Class slots, or were they merely economy. If First Class, would he consider offering them to me?

I, for one, would love to hear the whole story...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by liveon777:
Possibly the worst post......ever</font>
Old Oct 23, 2003, 9:22 am

Programs: United Gold
Just to add some, err, actual value to the thread..

This is one reason e-tickets are great. You dont need to worry about evil ex's ruining your trip..

Seriously, if you want to take the trip, you have plenty of time to get things back in order. Call whoever issued the ticket (UA, QF, ..) and tell them you lost it (they dont need to know details - but we do).

They need to do a rather lengthy internal process to make sure you didnt use it (in the world of actual paper tickets, there is no better way apparently). This may take a few weeks. When they realize you didnt use the ticket, they can re-issue it. There will probably be a fee - depending on carrier like $100.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 12:25 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
It's pretty simple, actually. They black list the ticket numbers that were issued to you(once they know they weren't used, exchanged, etc.). Then those ticket numbers can never be used. Ever. They they just print you new ones.

Meanwhile, what's with the psycho ex-girlfriend??!
Old Oct 23, 2003, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ATL_JJ:
I am scheduled for LA to Sydney in January but my former girlfriend intentionally shred my ticket. What are my options with regards to restating the ticket? I already made the trip two years ago so I won't be too upset if I can't go but still.</font>
Not to be mean to a newbie, but...

Did you even try?

http://www.usairways.com/customers/faq/ (I'm sure Qantas has an equivalent - I'll let you do the legwork)

Lost Or Stolen Tickets

* If a ticket is lost, stolen or mutilated, customers must complete a Lost Ticket Application (LTA) for a refund or replacement ticket. LTAs are available at airport ticket counters and US Airways City Ticket Offices

* A $100 fee is assessed to offset the cost to process a lost ticket claim

* If travel has not yet commenced, a customer must purchase a new ticket. After 90 days from the receipt of the LTA by US Airways, the cost of the new ticket will be refunded (less the $100 service charge) if the lost ticket has not been used

* If a customer is on the return portion of the trip, a replacement ticket may be issued for the $100 service fee, provided the lost ticket number is available

* All conditions of this application are subject to a US Airways audit

Old Oct 23, 2003, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CPRich:

* If a ticket is lost, stolen or mutilated, customers must complete a Lost Ticket Application (LTA) for a refund or replacement ticket. LTAs are available at airport ticket counters and US Airways City Ticket Offices

* All conditions of this application are subject to a US Airways audit

</font>
I suppose a shredded ticket would be classified as a "mutilated" ticket? I wonder if replacement requests for "mutilated" tickets require proof of mutilation, and if it increases your chances of being "audited."

Old Oct 23, 2003, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Simple answer to this intriguing story and the resulting "don't care too much" attitude.... Girlfriend paid for the ticket with miles or money
Old Oct 23, 2003, 9:37 pm

Programs: United Gold
Before any of us are too mean on the newbie, he didnt provide much detail on how he got the Qantas ticket. If he did get it with, for example, US miles, this is a fair question because its not obvious who to cry to - US or Qantas.

Of course, he didnt tell us much detail at all ;-)
Old Oct 24, 2003, 7:53 am

Regarding all the use of "HE" to refer to ATL_JJ----&gt;how do we know ATL_JJ is a he? The poster did not say so, just said he/she had a girlfriend. Hmmmm....
Old Oct 24, 2003, 8:10 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SW A-List Preferred
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hilton-gold:
Regarding all the use of "HE" to refer to ATL_JJ----&gt;how do we know ATL_JJ is a he? The poster did not say so, just said he/she had a girlfriend. Hmmmm....</font>
And quite possibly, the plot thickens!

The short answer is to call the airline or other agency that issued the ticket and ask them what to do. For a trip to Australia, whether I've been there in the past or not, is well worth the effort to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.