Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is CP worth the effort?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2004, 10:11 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Yes, just ask for their extension number and full name (there are about 6 Kathy's). When you call in on the regular number just ask for the person at the beginning of the call. You may have to wait a minute or two, but most of the time the call is transfered within a minute. On the couple of occasions when this was not true, they took my number and my angel called me back.

I have two ladies that I ask for, one on the day shift and one on the evening shift. After all they are called personal liaisons and after a while they know my likes and dislikes and to never ever suggest a Barbie Jet to me.
Many thanks--most kind!
Old Dec 23, 2004, 11:31 am

Programs: US1
Wow I did not know you could do this! Terrific There have been a few of the nice ladies that I have talked to. I am going to start keeping track of names now. ^
Old Dec 27, 2004, 8:16 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
CP Res And Semi Discretionary Changes: No

I had a ticket for one day out for XXX-PHL-YYY. There were extensive delays in all three cities, and I called the CP Desk to see about changing it to a nonstop XXX-YYY. I asked at the end of one call where I had to do an invol refund due to an unrelated trip and PHL cancellation. Agent said there was nothing they could do. Basically F/Y/B was avail, but not the discounted fare booking code for the orig ticket. I called again. I called again. More experiment than anything else. I said I was looking at the flights and it looked like still a lot of delays, and CP agt said with a straight face I should pay $300+ to make the change from the connection to the nonstop, plus the change fee . Told them, no thanks.

I thought perhaps today (12/27) they would be especially accommodating to customers, but apparently not really by phone.

Also a lot of people write about the ireg ops, but even non status flyers get op upgrades during ireg ops. Just talked to a colleague at work whose son got put on US Envoy class intl back to USA because of some OA cancellation. I see a lot of people post when they get an upgrade during ireg ops they think it is maybe a CP exclusive, etc.

Caviats:
*I don't have a specific person/angel that I talk to or know at the CP desk;
*I do think as CP at the airport you often get above and beyond service;
*But I have to stand with, at least for now, 95% of the time when I call the CP Desk you get similar answers to what you would get if you called res in general; and
*From what I see today, there continue to be moderate to severe PHL and east coast delays on 12/27, many of which tagged "due to baggage and cargo loading." Given the continued delays, I would think if pax asks it makes sense to put them on nonstops if they want. I don't think situation will necessarily correct itself 100% tomorrow.

So I'll keep an open mind, and keep reading and watching, but this is why I say I have not experienced much if any magic from the CP desk. That being said, they do answer quickly, and they are 99% polite, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.