Search

Just another US nightmare, with a good ending

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2004, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Just another US nightmare, with a good ending

ok, I know a lot is going on right now with the airline, so this post is not a complaint, I am only telling a story of what happened today. I know a lot of people are in a much worse situation.

Flight 392 is a direct Nassau-Buffalo via DCA, so I thought even with the holiday mess nothing could go wrong with a direct flight, and even the luggage should not be a problem. Sched. Dep.11:50am, arr DCA 2:14pm, arr BUF 4:34pm

WRONG

When the flight arrived at DCA relatively on time (20 mins late), the crew that was supposed to have continued to BUF called in sick (the official announcement was no pilots to fly the plane)

rebooked via PHL to BUF stilll shouldve made it to BUF by 6:30. Not a big deal....yet.. The DCA-PHL flight leaves 50 mins late, meaning missing the connection to BUF that was supposed to leave at 5:35. Next flight at 8:25. ok...another bump in the road...flight actually departs at 9:45pm, arriving in BUF at around 10:50pm. We wait 10 minutes for the plane to be let into the gate.

so what shouldve been an easy DIRECT flight, turned into an arrival 6 hours behind schedule......

oh yeah...and bags....the BUF luggage retrieving area is a sea of US Airways luggage.... luckily by some miracle with all the diversions, ours made it!

so we couldve done without visiting the <I>fine</I> facilities at PHL, but at least they managed to get us home safely, and with bags too!

Last edited by rankourabu; Dec 27, 2004 at 9:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.