Search

US Airways survey for 500 miles-- complete by Apr. 30

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2003, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
US Airways survey for 500 miles-- complete by Apr. 30

http://www.usairways.com/survey/fare.htm

I got it in an e-mail... not sure if it's targeted, but it only takes a couple minutes to complete. Complete the survey by April 30. Good luck!
Old Apr 17, 2003, 12:29 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Tom Bascom is going to have a field day with that survey .

Give me a break. They are trying to justify "use it or lose it" and the standby changes.

------------------
Saving the world, one clue at a time.
Old Apr 17, 2003, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
It is targetted, we learned this last time, only people that were solicited for it will get the miles. There is no sense in wasting people's time to complete it knowing this.

It also really affects their results.
Old Apr 17, 2003, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Well.... I guess it would skew the results, since people on here are more informed than the average flier, I think.

An observation: there was a place to comment on how important I thought each restriction was--- but no place to comment on what I would pay $50 for or why, so I used the #9 space to comment on #10.
Old Apr 17, 2003, 2:45 pm

The survey is good. They are actually trying to find out what the traveller desires and is willing to pay for rather than bundle up everything into a Y fare and asking 6x the restricted fare.

Business travellers will pay for some things over and above the leisure traveller. Give us a menu of items, each with a small fee, and let us pick the combination of restrictions and flexibility we value.
Old Apr 17, 2003, 4:40 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
The results will probably be skewed anyway, because we were allowed to sign up for this research panel a little over a year ago.
Old Jul 4, 2003, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Posted posted for me overnight with a date of 4/16/03. Thanks!

------------------
View from the Wing: A blog about Free Miles and Free Markets
Old Jul 4, 2003, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:
Posted posted for me overnight with a date of 4/16/03. Thanks!

</font>
Me too. A nice Happy Fourth of July present!

Old Jul 4, 2003, 1:06 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ClueByFour:
Tom Bascom is going to have a field day with that survey .

Give me a break. They are trying to justify "use it or lose it" and the standby changes.

</font>
Darn! I missed it... I filed the topic under "pointless survey that I'll never get the miles for anyway" And I wasn't targetted (that was probably deliberate...)

Old Jul 4, 2003, 3:10 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Got 'em also. Happy 4th
Old Jul 4, 2003, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Me also. Same posting date.
Old Jul 4, 2003, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I have filled out two of those USAirways surveys found linked from this site... got credit for one of them. Filled them out to try to keep my account current as I rarely, rarely fly US. Will add a few onto it later this month on a UA ticket I picked up at a fire-sale price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.