Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX or Orange County

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2002, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

LAX or Orange County

I'm going to Anaheim and can't decide to return from LAX or SNA. I have to fly into LAX so there is no choice there.

The advantages of LAX is the multiple flights. If there is any problem with my flight, there are alternatives. The trip would be on an A321. They also have a club.

SNA is closer. However, they only fly A319s and only have a 7am and a 1:45pm flight. I can't make the 7am flight. If there's a problem, I don't have alternatives. Also, the only FC seats left on the flight are in row 1. How is a transcon bulkhead seat on a 319?

I would assume the checkin/security process is much smoother at SNA.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Old Dec 12, 2002, 8:32 pm

I’d depart from SNA: it’s a much more convenient airport and it’s more attractive than LAX. In case of flight irregularities, US should be able to book you out of LAX or another carrier, so I wouldn’t worry.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 9:21 pm

I would agree. Terminal 1 is also a zoo at LAX because of the Southwest/America West flights coming in every 30 minutes. Go SNA if you can. As for as bulkhead, hey, an FC seat is better than a coach seat!
Old Dec 12, 2002, 9:28 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
I like SNA better than LAX. I usually go out of LAX because of price & I live close to LAX now. SNA is a nicer airport than LAX IMHO & clearing security takes less time at SNA than at LAX. (in my experience).
Old Dec 12, 2002, 10:08 pm

I was diverted to SNA from ONT on HP a few weeks ago. I usually fly to/from LAX on US, but coming from PHX, it didn't make too much sense to connect in PIT. Anyway, I thought SNA was a NICE airport. If ever fares on US are equal in and out of SNA and LAX, you can bet I'd take SNA if I could!
Old Dec 13, 2002, 4:21 am

Definately SNA, I have business in Irvine and SNA is so much easier than LAX, the thought of the 405 in the afternoon makes me cringe. Upgrades on the SNA-PIT flights are tough to get though. I guess because there are only 2 flights and all of the CP's coming and going out of PIT.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for confirming my thoughts. SNA looks to be a lot less hassles than LAX. I wasn't thrilled with row 1 but I'll get over it. It is better than the back and once I retrieve my stuff from the overhead, the flight is the same.

I'm using a premium award and snagged the last "I" seat last week. It is now F1 I0 G0. It's easy to switch to LAX if needed.

I checked and they have a RCC in SNA. Hopefully they won't ask to see my UA ticket. Has anyone used the RCC in SNA?
Old Dec 14, 2002, 12:30 am

Whilst I've not tried to access the RCC in SNA, I have tried in several other locations. I've NEVER been able to get in with my US Airways Club card without a UA ticket. Doesn't hurt to try, though. Good luck...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.