Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHL: lockers or no lockers, that is the question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2002, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

PHL: lockers or no lockers, that is the question

I phoned both the airport police and the lost and found at the PHL airport in the hope of determining whether there were lockers available for storing a bag for a couple of hours. The police said yes, absolutely, but then became slightly uncertain when I pressed a little. Lost and found said, absolutely not, 9/11, forget about it. Pretty unclear. And not very reassuring either given which party said what. Anybody in fact know?
Old Dec 13, 2002, 8:25 pm

I am under the impression that there are no operating lockers in any U.S. airport anymore. They have all been locked up for security reasons. That said, if you are a US Airways Club member, you can leave your bags in the cubbie for a little while. They don't actually lock, though. That said, I don't understand why anyone ever leaves bags in the cubbie area. A thief could make a huge profit by dressing nicely and buying a day pass.
Old Dec 14, 2002, 3:57 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred, NWA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BizJet:
I am under the impression that there are no operating lockers in any U.S. airport anymore. They have all been locked up for security reasons. That said, if you are a US Airways Club member, you can leave your bags in the cubbie for a little while. They don't actually lock, though. That said, I don't understand why anyone ever leaves bags in the cubbie area. A thief could make a huge profit by dressing nicely and buying a day pass.</font>
There are lockers on the concourses -- but they have big signs on them saying that they're unavailable. I don't know why they haven't removed them as it seems unlikely that they will ever be used again...

The club has "cubbies". There are also small lock ups in the cubbie area. The people at the club desk have keys -- you just ask them to open it. It's big enough for a fat laptop bag/briefcase. They hold the key while you're away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.