Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus conflicts?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2001, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Bonus conflicts?

I was noticing the rules on some bonuses - "may not be combined with other offers"

Does this mean that if I use this bonus, I am ineligible for a bonus such as the E-ticket kiosk bonus or the on-line booking bonus or other bonuses?
Old Jun 27, 2001, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
You've got it! I failed to receive both the online booking bonus and e-ticket kiosk bonuses recently on a BWI-LAX trip and I called the Chairman's desk and told them and they said they'd take care of it. When I checked my account the next day I noticed my balance was LOWER than the previous day, even though the bonuses had been added. So I called again and they told me that the BWI-SFO/LAX bonus could not be combined with other bonuses, so they had deleted the double miles. Obviously, since I lost 2,300 miles, I told them to delete the e-ticket and on-line bonuses and reinstate the transcon bonuses. The agent told me that when you register for a "non-combinable" bonus, it automatically overrides any other bonus offers you may qualify for.
Old Jun 27, 2001, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by romadaro:
The agent told me that when you register for a "non-combinable" bonus, it automatically overrides any other bonus offers you may qualify for.</font>
D'oh!
Old Jun 27, 2001, 2:45 pm

I wonder if there is any way of having the Dividend Miles folks clear your bonus registrations. Whilst registering for every bonus code at first yielded some good mileage, it probably (maybe) screws you over in the long run if you cancel out all your bonus offers with each other...if that makes sense. I wouldn't mind starting with a clean slate now and registering for those offers that are the most miles, etc. Anyone have any thoughts?

Also, if you register for the same bonus twice, do you "unregister" yourself? Or can you enter in the same code over and over again and remained registered as of the first time you entered the code?
Old Jun 27, 2001, 2:56 pm

I knew there was a reason why I did not like the eTicket kiosk. I just used it for a USE flight yesterday .
Old Jun 28, 2001, 7:52 am

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
So now all USAirways has to do to foil those folks who try EVERY bonus number is add a Bonus number that overrides ALL OTHER bonus registrations. (Shhh! I didn't say that!)

[This message has been edited by rtpflyer (edited 06-28-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.