Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways files for Philadelphia - Antigua service

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2001, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
US Airways files for Philadelphia - Antigua service

Filed with DOT on wednesday. Hopefully, they'll give AA a good run for the money.
Old Jun 17, 2001, 3:59 am

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
To me this doesn't make a lot of sense. Unless aircraft range is an issue, they should be flying further south into the Caribbean. Antigua has to be a smaller market than more popular Barbados and Aruba, or even St Lucia. Perhaps they could service destinations like these out of CLT.

I like the increased activity into the Caribbean (my favorite vacation destination). New Caribbean destinations are also good for US because of the historically high fares. This is nice; both in terms of profit and as a place for FF's to use up miles on awards.

Once again, US' top management seems to be missing in action. If they have the aircraft to service a new destination in the Caribbean, there are other better opportunities.

[This message has been edited by BillMorrow (edited 06-17-2001).]
Old Jun 17, 2001, 1:08 pm
geo1004

Bill: Here is another thread on some US Carribean expansion I think you will like...

"US has filed with DOT for application to start service from Charlotte and LaGuardia to Freeport, Bahamas (737-300s), Philadelphia to Barbados (A-320s), Philadelphia to St. Lucia (A-320s), and Charlotte to Cozumel (737-300s)."

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum51/HTML/001151.html

[This message has been edited by geo1004 (edited 06-17-2001).]

Old Jun 20, 2001, 5:37 am

http://www.nationnews.com/StoryView....2000%3A00%3A00
Old Jun 20, 2001, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Happy to report that DOT approved all the US Airways applications for service that were filed on May 25 - CLT and LGA to FPO; PHL to BGI; PHL to SLU; and CLT to CZM.

I'd imagine that PHL to Antigua should get approved next month.
Old Jun 20, 2001, 1:01 pm
geo1004

Excellent. Now, where did I put my suntan lotion?

Old Jun 21, 2001, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Geo and everyone else,

This is all good news.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.