Wiki Posts
Search

Loosers!! Merger date postponed again

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2001, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ Solitaire PPS AA nothing short of 1m miler US CP, HH Diamond,
Loosers!! Merger date postponed again

Different news agencys are reporting that United and US are again moving the decision date for DOT for the merger back.
Great company leadership and a premiere example of two CEOs which have all but qualified to exit to there retirement.
Any planning or strategy in place????
How much more employee frustration and uncertainty for how much longer do they want to go through????? If anything at all they are changing plans by the minutes. Selling parts, developing new labour unrest, confusing customers and most of all employees who frequently tell you they do not have a clue if this merger goes through.
Best of all in a minute US looses its club agreement and shared FT awards with AA and nothing new will be in place. So Chairmanns and Gold preferred who happen to be in coach on transatlantic will be thrown back to the days of no lounge action in Europe whatever US superelite or Club card they are showing.
Another couple of months of no star oneworld whatever alliance. We really get the best of no world. A confused US Airways where I really doubt that any much strategic planning is going on and many employees are wondering more about there jobs than running the very decent airline they developped into the last couple of years. The funniest side of all is the fact that arch rival AA in the meantime most likely will wrap up the TWA transaction and gets the entrance to the east coast shuttel and UA is just getting conflicts with all parties besides Mr.Wolf.
And if anybody can tell me how US Airways gets any new management or marketing talent working for them in this times of complete corporate uncertainty I will be happy to award prices.
Oh by the way this merger was supposed to be over by no later than the last quater of last year.
Old Mar 7, 2001, 8:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Try asking for comped UA status.
Old Mar 7, 2001, 8:35 am

I agree, this is absolutely ridiculous.

It seems like because the merger is a multi-deal with the Shuttle to American, etc... that the bozos in Washington just don't quite know how to analyze it, so they're just asking for more time to appease the public, making it LOOK like they're doing thorough analysis. It has become an absolute joke.

For me, based in a USAirways 'spoke' city (MYR), the problem is not the clubs or any of that trivial stuff, it is that our market has expanded past being 95% in the East U.S. to like 50-50, and our work in the West is NEVER one of the meager 5 cities US services, so I'm forced to fly DL and its' pathetic commuters, and doomed to lose my CP status this year. I can see this DOJ review dragging on for months, then many more months to integrate the two routes. If and when, it'll be too late to earn the miles or segments. (Unless UA does the 'challenge thing...)

BTW, I hope the judge in the TWA case turns down American, just to tee them off...
Old Mar 7, 2001, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Again, I think UA will automatically/instantly comp elite status for US elites?
Old Mar 7, 2001, 9:43 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
UA is a lot slower than US (in a lot of things, including comping). In addition UA (or US) does not comp top tier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.