Search

Accelerated entry into gold

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2000, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Accelerated entry into gold

US seems to have accelerated my entry into gold with 6-7k miles short of 50,000 miles. I guess all the activity in one month makes them notice.

Just a pity the upgrade stickers haven't come yet and I won;t be flying too much after 15 May.
Old May 10, 2000, 10:11 am

i purposely stopped just short of gold by 3500 miles, so that i can get a silver kit with the two systemwide upgrades. then i plan to use those on another transatlantic, and qualify for gold to get the two systemwides there as well. and while i'm still waiting on the silver kit, no bounce up to gold.

consistency would be nice, but in reality i don't want the automatic bounce up.
Old May 10, 2000, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I was too greedy with the double miles feeding frenzy. There was a 2 week+ gap between gold and silver so I hope that the silver pack has already been sent.
Old May 11, 2000, 11:51 am

i did find 4 north american upgrade certificates in the mail last night. but still no kit.

terenz, for your sake i hope you're right. but i find it highly unlikely that any airline issues those kits on such a frequent basis.

maybe we should aks the regular us flyers how long it usually takes.

i just called didvidend miles, and they said it usually is at least four weeks after you qualify that you should receive your welcome kits.

[This message has been edited by lonman (edited 05-11-2000).]
Old May 13, 2000, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I called US a few weeks back and they said the membership kits are not mad eup in-house but instead sent out by a contractor who prints and packs the kit. US has nothing to do with it. I guess the names are sent out to the contractor in a batch and then the contractor sends it out hence the delay.
Old May 14, 2000, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
My wife and I both just got Gold early, too. I had 34K and she 33K. We had both signed up for the Silver -> Gold promo. It was supposed to be a manual process for the promotion, but it looks we have made the jump without calling in for confirmation.

[This message has been edited by BillMorrow (edited 05-14-2000).]

[This message has been edited by BillMorrow (edited 05-14-2000).]
Old May 15, 2000, 11:36 am
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
According to the service center, my kit was mailed third class on March 30th. It showed up on May 10th!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.