Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGA to Atlanta Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2000, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

LGA to Atlanta Question

Earlier this month, I flew roundtrip from LaGuardia to Atlanta. As I was waiting to check in for my return flight, I noticed a sign at the Atlanta airport that promoted double points between Atlanta and LaGuardia on roundtrip flights. So, as the sign suggested I asked my gate agent if I qualified, and was told I did. He told me my double miles would show up in my account, and that the airline was promoting this new USAirways Express route. When I checked last week, only the standard miles had been creditied. I emailed USAir to explain and ask for the additional credit and received a response that the Atlanta gate agent had been confused and misinformed. I was credited an additional 500 miles for my troubles. So my question is, has anyone else heard of this promotion? I *know* I saw an actual sign at the airport referring to it--otherwise I never would have asked the gate agent. I will be back at the Atlanta airport again this weekend (Not on UsAir this time =) and I am going to see if the sign is still there. Is it worth emailing them again about, or should I just be happy with my 500 mile credit? Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2000, 7:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
In response to you message...there was a promotion that required a phone registration a while back...it ended Feb 29. However, I too saw the sign at the Atlanta Airport at the UsAirways counter and decided to ask if the promotion was still running. The agent said to call the Preferred desk, of which my Mom is a member. Well, we sent an email in an attempt to get the mileage because the sign was still posted...will advise on the outcome asap. good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.