Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

Looking for beta testers participating in the GS promo (UPDATE: Program NOW LIVE)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for beta testers participating in the GS promo (UPDATE: Program NOW LIVE)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Hi All - Just a quick update. Everyone that has requested access should have it now.

I'm planning to officially release the site tomorrow.

Items on my fix list for tonight:
  • Edit Account (change email address or password)
  • Copy Scorecard (copy only hit partners or partners+cost+planned date+url+notes)
  • Bug Fix: Remember column sort selection after new/edit.
  • Feature Request: Floating header on tables

If I have time, I'll create a few more stats entries (a detailed listing of posting days, activity lag, and posting lag by partner) - and of course anything else that you'd like to see.

Thanks to everyone who has checked the site out so far and shared feedback - it is very much appreciated, and I hope you're finding some of the stats and aggregate data to be helpful in planning any remaining hits.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:20 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Hey,
First of all a big thanks for putting together this site. Had a first look tonight and looks quite useful !

I had a quick question that may have been answered somewhere but could not find.
What value do people use typically as the "cost" of the hit? I know I've been using two different values which are:
- actual cost of getting the hit (e.g. hotel cost)
- net cost to me (e.g. $0 in case company's paying for it)
I'd be interested if everyong has a similar definition.

One other small comment: in the "Bottom 10: Least accurate activity date" section, #3 and #5 are both OfficeMax. There may be a slight error there.

And finally, it might be good to add the definitions of each column somewhere (maybe I just haven't looked hard enough though !) as I was not too clear on all dates.

Thanks again !
^
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Junior_2J&K
Hey,
First of all a big thanks for putting together this site. Had a first look tonight and looks quite useful !

I had a quick question that may have been answered somewhere but could not find.
What value do people use typically as the "cost" of the hit? I know I've been using two different values which are:
- actual cost of getting the hit (e.g. hotel cost)
- net cost to me (e.g. $0 in case company's paying for it)
I'd be interested if everyong has a similar definition.

One other small comment: in the "Bottom 10: Least accurate activity date" section, #3 and #5 are both OfficeMax. There may be a slight error there.

And finally, it might be good to add the definitions of each column somewhere (maybe I just haven't looked hard enough though !) as I was not too clear on all dates.

Thanks again !
^
As to costs, what I've been doing is putting in the real cost of the hit in the "Cost" section and then selecting "Ignore Cost" if I don't want it factored into the total cost and average hit cost.

For example, if I was going to stay in a hotel anyway but it just so happened to coincide with this promo, I wouldn't count the cost of the stay towards the cost of the hit, so I'd enter the cost (say $180), but choose "Ignore Cost".

On the other hand, since I really don't need a "how to deal with death" book or a toilet lock, I'd count that cost (plus shipping) as the cost of the hit.

The reason why both options are there is to allow people to get a better feel for what the true cost of a hit might be if they don't otherwise need to do it, and to make sure that the accounting adds up correctly for you (e.g. in the case of work reimbursement).

I'm aware of the duplicates in the two bottom 10 lists and am debating whether to fix that or not - on the one hand, when you see a partner in there multiple times it may reinforce that they're a bad one to deal with. On the other hand, you already know they're bad, so maybe we should show a few others. As you can see, even though a partner may be listed multiple times, the values next to the partner are different.

For definitions - yes, that's a good idea. You'll find them now on the bulk hit edit page (top of page), the partner view page (bottom of page), and as context-sensitive help when adding or editing a hit, but it might be nice to just have a page of terms as it relates to the website and the Grand Slam Promo.

Is there a better place to put them? Do the definitions make sense? Do you have a preference on the "Bottom 10" lists as to show or hide multiple entries from the same partner?

Thanks for checking out the site and sharing your feedback - I really appreciate it!
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:17 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Thanks for the reply. I had not actually seen the individual hit pages, which are obviously a lot more detailed.
I just noticed that there seems to be an error with the "hit counted" column. When I change it to "yes" it reverts back to "no" on the summary page, though it still shows the associated bonus miles thresholds...

Thanks again for the great tool !
Old Oct 26, 2011, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Junior_2J&K
Thanks for the reply. I had not actually seen the individual hit pages, which are obviously a lot more detailed.
I just noticed that there seems to be an error with the "hit counted" column. When I change it to "yes" it reverts back to "no" on the summary page, though it still shows the associated bonus miles thresholds...

Thanks again for the great tool !
Thanks for the head's up - I hadn't caught that and hopefully it's now fixed.

So the update for tonight - not as much done as I wanted to, but I've got a flight to catch in 5 hours and need some sleep.

New Additions:
  • Edit Account (change password, email address, etc.)
  • Forgot Password/Resend Verification Email functionality now in place.
  • Changed header to a drop-down menu - hopefully everyone finds this more useful.
  • I updated the sort order of "Bulk Hit Edit" to be the same sort order as the default for "View Scorecard", so it should hopefully be less confusing.
  • Added New Report - "Posting Days By Partner" - which shows reported days that a given partner posts. If you'd like, I can reverse it and show a day of the week and which partners are reported to post then - just let me know.
  • Added new row to "Possibly Useful Stats" on the "View Partner Details" page - it will now list min/avg/max activity lag, which will be increasingly important as we near the final days of the promo. Any partner with a high maximum activity lag value should be avoided, or at least carefully considered.

Bugs Fixed:
  • Bulk Hit Edit doesn't update the "hit counted" field.
  • Bulk Hit Edit hit names aren't being updated/are being deleted.
  • Date values - you can no longer provide an activity date without a post date (and vice versa), nor can you supply an activity or post date without a "complete date". For any existing data that violates this, I'll work one-on-one with the person who entered it to update it as appropriate.

Still to do:
  • Add Copy Scorecards functionality - FEATURE
  • Remember sort order when creating/editing items (right now it reverts to default) - BUG
  • Attempt to implement "floating header" on long list pages. - FEATURE
  • Add Export functionality - FEATURE
  • "Wizard" - Builds a sample scorecard for you based on your time/cost/hassle preferences. Ideally it will make suggestions for existing scorecards too.

If anyone would like any other reports or information or if you have a suggestion for a feature or a bug report, please post here or PM me.

Thanks for your patience and support!

Sean
Old Oct 26, 2011, 3:00 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Please add the Twitter Hit that @USAirways did the week leading up to the beginning of the Grand Slam. You had to tweet them a baseball picture of you holding up a GS sign and many people were given hits for it including me. Great site by the way! Keep up the great work.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KaiserG13
Please add the Twitter Hit that @USAirways did the week leading up to the beginning of the Grand Slam. You had to tweet them a baseball picture of you holding up a GS sign and many people were given hits for it including me. Great site by the way! Keep up the great work.
Sorry for the delay in my response. This will probably be my last post in this thread as the site is going to be officially launched in my next post.

I've made the following updates since my last post:
  • Twitter hit has been added (and marked inactive), so it's viewable and can be added on the individual add hit page, but will not appear as an option on the bulk add hit page.
  • I added a number of new reports, including "Partners by Posting Day", "Activity Lag by Partner", and "Costs by # of Hits". Some could use some love, so I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone might have as to how to make them more useful.
  • Implemented "Partner Notes", which allows any registered user to add a note for a partner (e.g. "great customer service", "XX item is the cheapest", etc.)
  • Implemented "Report (Note/Hit)", which allows you to report/flag any note or hit which appears to be inaccurate or which otherwise should be reviewed. If, when looking at a partner's details page, you see a hit which is skewing the data (say someone mixed up completed date and activity date), you can use this mechanism to let them know.
  • Added "Edit" option to individual hits listed on a partner's details page, giving you another way to quickly update your hit details.
  • Added "Copy/Clone" Scorecard option in case you're managing multiple accounts and they are all targeting the same or similar levels/hits. Copy/Clone will copy the following hit information: Partner, Hit Name (if provided), cost, currency type, URL (if provided), notes (if provided), ignore cost flag, share information flag. It will NOT copy any dates or mileage earned values, so you must update those separately. Sorry, there had to be a compromise somewhere...

Aside from a remaining bugfix for remembering column sorting after creating/editing certain information, I believe everything that has been asked for has been implemented.

Please let me know if I missed anything, and thanks to all who volunteered to test and who shared feedback throughout the process!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 2:33 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
+1

look very nice ! Great work ^
Old Oct 31, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Mlife Gold
If you still need people - I would do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.