Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The PQM bonuses are misleading; be careful

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
I can see how the wording might be misleading. Thanks for alerting us tommyleo. ^
Old Oct 16, 2011, 6:21 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
It wasn't misleading, but I am another that read it wrong. Changes things for me quite a bit; the PQM's were really the only interesting part of this for me.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
24 Hit Posting PQM Incorrect?

So I log in this morning to see my 20 and 24 hits miles were posted. I was surprised though that the 24 hit showed 7000 bonus and 3000 preferred miles vs the 5000 preferred miles the website and all rules pages I have read show. Has anyone else experienced this?

http://shopping.usairways.com/promot...mus_21051&re=1

The page there clearly states that 24 HIT earns 5000 preferred miles yet my account reflects only 3000 were deposited. I've emailed the partner marketing email as well as the chairmans desk (partner marketing ignored my last email which is why I included chairmans this time.).
Old Nov 24, 2011, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by smokey7722
So I log in this morning to see my 20 and 24 hits miles were posted. I was surprised though that the 24 hit showed 7000 bonus and 3000 preferred miles vs the 5000 preferred miles the website and all rules pages I have read show. Has anyone else experienced this?
The 5000 figure is cumulative, i.e., it includes the previous 2000 PQM earned at a lower tier, so what you received is correct. For much earlier discussion of this exact question, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/2011-...g-careful.html
Old Nov 24, 2011, 7:20 am

Thanks Beltway for the clarification and sorry if it had been covered before - somehow I missed that thread!
Old Nov 24, 2011, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by smokey7722
Thanks Beltway for the clarification and sorry if it had been covered before - somehow I missed that thread!
Given the insane thread sprawl in this sub-forum -- to date, people have started a mind-boggling (and largely unnecessary) 143 separate threads -- it's not surprising that wheat gets buried in the chaff.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 7:33 am

Yup! Ok, off to come up with a MR for 2000 miles
Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:00 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
Originally Posted by beltway
Given the insane thread sprawl in this sub-forum -- to date, people have started a mind-boggling (and largely unnecessary) 143 separate threads -- it's not surprising that wheat gets buried in the chaff.
But that's how "The legend of beltway" was born. How could one person keep abreast of 143 separate threads and still remain sane. Either you had a split personality to start off, or you are enjoying a fractured psyche right now.

I salute you.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by gnarly
How could one person keep abreast of 143 separate threads and still remain sane.
Objection, Your Honor: assumes facts not in evidence.

Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:13 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
Originally Posted by beltway
Objection, Your Honor: assumes facts not in evidence.

And yet you you manage to reply within 6 minutes.
I think you have condemned yourself with your own omnipresence. (Are you in the OMNI forum too )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.