Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Share Builder

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2011, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by booyaa
you can do 1/2 a share? what do I do? after selecting SIRI, put $5.00 total which includes the $4 commission? And since SIRI is priced at $1.71 as of today, it will only give me 58% of one share? This concept is new to me, lol. I've been wanting to get in on SIRI, I guess this will help me pull the trigger, for less than a share, haha.
That's what I did and the trade went through. Maybe you can buy .0018 of a share of Google.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: AA Plat
I opened an account, funded it, and made a trade on 10/6, and still nothing in my US account... =( I definitely used the link frm US Airways and provided my DM#. Argh!
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by higgies
I opened an account, funded it, and made a trade on 10/6, and still nothing in my US account... =( I definitely used the link frm US Airways and provided my DM#. Argh!
If you made a trade, i think you ll be fine!! Given the amount of people that signed up for the "free miles" such a delay wouldn't be surprising..
Old Oct 14, 2011, 7:49 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
you were completely right pointsguy destroyed it
they werent cking before
now they are
Old Oct 14, 2011, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Is this something you know for sure and what exactly are they checking? There are still reports of people getting the miles awarded with no trading activity.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by bevoinva
Is this something you know for sure and what exactly are they checking? There are still reports of people getting the miles awarded with no trading activity.
The important thing (for most here) is the hit and not the miles. Getting the miles, doesn't mean that you ll get the hit, especially now that so many people have jumped in..

Even if you get the hit, it can be revoked, since people that didn't complete a trade shouldn't have received any miles/hits in the first place. Most importantly, the hit can be revoked AFTER the end of Grand Slam, giving you no time to replace it.

Too many "if"s vs one "cheap" trade...the latter wins!!
Old Oct 15, 2011, 4:18 am

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
I agree - better safe than sorry. I'm not going to risk 25,000 miles to test it out but there is still no evidence out there that opening the account doesn't count for the hit anymore.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 7:47 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Nikolaos
Good luck with that!! I bought National Bank of Greece (quite a bargain this period)!!
OTOH, the Bank of Ireland is trading at $0.83. I received the miles for opening the account, but if the hit doesn't post by the end of the month, I may have to pull a trade on this one. Stock should be worth about a tenth of its current value by the end of the year or sometime next year.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HY Diamond
Just saw this link from a post in MilesBuzz:

http://content.sharebuilder.com/mgdc...ntcmp=10000482

"Execute a trade with the ShareBuilder mobile app by 10/28/11 and you will receive a trade rebate by 11/5/11, making the cost of your trade just $5. (Only one rebate per account)"

Just in case you want to place a trade, this will help reduce the trading cost by $5.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:09 am

you'll still need to fund the account for the cost of a $9.95 trade. and than you'll get the $4.95 rebate.

Buy stock in Freddie Mac (FMCC) for $0.26. I just funded my account with $10.50. Originally signed up on 10/03 hoping to get free miles and hit, but no point in pushing Sharebuilder since it clearly stated a trade needed to happen.

After the $4.95 rebate, I'll consider this a $6.00 hit. Still cheaper than many of the other hits out there.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Even if it wasn't a hit, I'd gladly pay $10 for 2,500 miles.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Not sure why people are not considering the automatic investment option where commission is only $4 (free if you use promo codes for 5 or 3 free trades: TAF5ANL*073t0C or 3AIP). Fund $5, enter promo codes, set up one-time transaction under Automatic Investment Plan for the soonest Tuesday, and done.

I currently have 8 free automatic trades from the promo codes, so (I think) my full $5 will be used towards my choice of stock pick. Minimum $5 funding is still required as you still need enough to pay for the $4 when setting the plan up and since how much you want to invest under the plan is set in $1 increments, the minimum required is $5.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: Doing GS11, probably affiliated with every program out there
Originally Posted by booyaa
Not sure why people are not considering the automatic investment option where commission is only $4 (free if you use promo codes for 5 or 3 free trades: TAF5ANL*073t0C or 3AIP). Fund $5, enter promo codes, set up one-time transaction under Automatic Investment Plan for the soonest Tuesday, and done.

I currently have 8 free automatic trades from the promo codes, so (I think) my full $5 will be used towards my choice of stock pick. Minimum $5 funding is still required as you still need enough to pay for the $4 when setting the plan up and since how much you want to invest under the plan is set in $1 increments, the minimum required is $5.
just tried TAF5ANL*073t0C and it seems to have expired. 3AIP worked
Old Oct 17, 2011, 4:36 pm

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
I have to say they are very reassuring in their support communication. I e-mailed again today to see if there was any progress in getting my miles posted, and got this back:

Hi xxxx,

Thanks for staying vigilant! There has indeed been progress in finding out why they haven't posted. Now we're just working on posting them! Our system that automatically posts the miles had a couple wrinkles in it, so we had to do some ironing out. Until it is back up and running, we're manually approving them all. Unfortunately this takes a little more time. One of our top level associates has your email, and is waiting for word back from our back office. Once we know that the miles have been posted, you'll get a response back, keeping you in the loop.

I'm glad you've been so patient while we've been processing this, and if you have any further questions, you can simply respond to this email, or give us a call at 1-800-747-2537 Monday through Friday, between 8am and 9pm ET.

In the meantime, have a wonderful week, and we look forward to helping you build your portfolio, while getting your Miles.

Originally Posted by kendenton
Opened my account on 9/29, miles posted the very next day. Funded the account.

Opened my wife's account on 10/4, no miles yet. Funded in same manner as my account.

E-mailed SB support on 10/10, got this reply:

We're on the case. We've taken a look at your question about your accounts US Airway miles, and found it needs some additional research. When one of our sleuths finds an answer, we'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks for hanging in there!
Old Oct 17, 2011, 7:33 pm

Our system that automatically posts the miles had a couple wrinkles in it, so we had to do some ironing out. Until it is back up and running, we're manually approving them all.
Sounds like this might not bode well for those with existing accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.