Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Share Builder

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2011, 7:59 pm

Sharebuilder for my account posted today. It was opened 9/22 and funded.
Sharebuilder for my son's account posted today, as well. It was opened 10/1 and not funded.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 8:08 pm

Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
I am little worried this opportunity will go away in future with so much publicity.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by virtuo0
I am little worried this opportunity will go away in future with so much publicity.
Ditto, I mean at least fund the damn account! I've funded mine and will just keep my money there, maybe do a trade or two.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by kendenton
Can't figure out how to get miles for my minor son's account. I already did a SB account for myself (and got the 2500 miles). If I go through the motions of setting up a custodial account for a minor it looks like it wants my FF info.

Will he still get the bonus miles if I already have an SB account? Where do I put in his FF info?

Confused, but I really want this no-cost hit (and the bonus miles).
If anyone has figured this out and has done it - I'd love to hear about it!
Old Oct 5, 2011, 1:33 am

Why would it go away? It's listed on both the usairways and sharebuilder site. It's not like this is some third party shopping portal mistake or unauthorized offer. Even if they require you to fund the account and do a trade all you'd have to do is fund the account with ~$12 and buy a $2 stock which is what I did.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 1:47 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I got credit today both 2500 registration and 500 quarterly bonus.
I funded and traded on my account.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by HikerT
Why would it go away? It's listed on both the usairways and sharebuilder site. It's not like this is some third party shopping portal mistake or unauthorized offer. Even if they require you to fund the account and do a trade all you'd have to do is fund the account with ~$12 and buy a $2 stock which is what I did.
Because it cannot be profitable to be giving out 2,500 FREE miles.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:20 am

We are getting more than what is promised. 2500 miles without funding, 500 bonus miles originally meant for a different pricing plan etc. My point is if you get more miles than expected say it once and keep quiet. Too much of noise will make them realize and correct it for everyone. They will start a min balance requirement because of what we are doing.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:24 am

We are getting more than what is promised. 2500 miles without funding, 500 bonus miles originally meant for a different pricing plan etc. My point is if you get more miles than expected say it once and keep quiet. Too much of noise will make them realize and correct it for everyone. They will start a min balance requirement because of what we are doing.
Me I want my 500 miles !
Old Oct 5, 2011, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Exactly. What needs to be said, has been said - I don't think any new data points are required unless anyone experiences something outside the parameters of what has already been discussed. So, pretty please, play nice people and STFU.

P.S. Bloggers - this means you too.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 6:59 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
9/30 opened and funded IRA with a 10/04 trade, still no miles from Sharebuilder from this year's Slam.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by keirnna
Me I want my 500 miles !
That's exactly is my point. I don't want to lose my next round 500 miles.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 1:05 pm

Because it cannot be profitable to be giving out 2,500 FREE miles.
The grand slam cannot be profitable to US but nobody seems too worried. Same principle. They do it for marketing / promotional value. 2500 miles probably costs sharebuilder $25. I would be more worried about the GS going away.

We are getting more than what is promised. 2500 miles without funding, 500 bonus miles originally meant for a different pricing plan etc.
So fund it and do a trade if they start enforcing it. It's not like a significant investment is required either way. While the extra 500 miles is a nice bonus, nobody is blogging about that and I wouldn't cry too hard if it goes away. The most efficient way to accumulate US miles is to do 16 hits for as many US accounts as you can. Cost is less than $100 per account and gets you 25K miles + miles from purchases.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:32 pm

The grand slam cannot be profitable to US but nobody seems too worried. Same principle. They do it for marketing / promotional value. 2500 miles probably costs sharebuilder $25. I would be more worried about the GS going away.

So fund it and do a trade if they start enforcing it. It's not like a significant investment is required either way. While the extra 500 miles is a nice bonus, nobody is blogging about that and I wouldn't cry too hard if it goes away. The most efficient way to accumulate US miles is to do 16 hits for as many US accounts as you can. Cost is less than $100 per account and gets you 25K miles + miles from purchases.
Just like the way US changed the subscription rule to min 6 months this will also change. This is valuable only if it stays as no min balance. Once they realize how much people need this for a hit (and nobody have any intention of really using the account), terms will change.

All i am wishing is for a flag for excessive celebration.

We don't know if Grandslam is/isn't profitable for US. What you(we) can do is speculate. On the other hand US can devalue miles, limit award options etc and make sure that it is profitable.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:03 pm

The risk IMO is to those who are already account holders and don't technically qualify, or those entering false info. The latter is not advisable regardless - a cancelled sharebuilder account may forfeit the entire grand slam bonus, not to mention big brother may come down even harder.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.