Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Share Builder

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2011, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by HikerT
I think a reasonable person might also assume churning an account falls under not playing by the rules. If you need 100% assurance they won't take the miles back you probably should look for another hit.
Interesting and good point. Guess I'll skip SB this year. Dear Lasik, please come back. Don't you miss when scores of us walked into your offices for a free laser-surgery exam and miles last year? No?
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA, WN, Marriott, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
For those wondering if they could sign their children up for ShareBuilder accounts, be it the Individual or Custodial, you cannot - the applicant must be of the age of majority per your state (typically 18+).
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:24 am

If ShareBuilder does not post today, guess I will need to fund my account for a few bucks.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by surftb15
If ShareBuilder does not post today, guess I will need to fund my account for a few bucks.
Same here. I created an account on 10/6, did not fund it or make any trades. No miles posted as of yet. Maybe they are a day later this week due to Columbus Day??? I will see how it goes by next week.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Lyssa
Same here. I created an account on 10/6, did not fund it or make any trades. No miles posted as of yet. Maybe they are a day later this week due to Columbus Day??? I will see how it goes by next week.
I created one last week. Had an issue with my employment, but that was taken care of.

Hopefully they post today, if not Ill fund $5 bucks.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:29 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Hopefully they post today, if not Ill fund $5 bucks.
$5 is not enough for a trade!! The commission only is around $9!!
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:31 pm

Wondering for those who have applied does Sharebuilder do a hard pull? I'm at 13 or hits, haven't decided if I want to do this one because of the pull, but if I do I'll do a couple more $$ costing hits for the extra 10k at 16. If it has a hard pull I'll forget it and save the pull for a CC application later this year.

Thanks
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Nikolaos
$5 is not enough for a trade!! The commission only is around $9!!
Really?
Wow, thats pretty high.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Stubtify
Wondering for those who have applied does Sharebuilder do a hard pull? I'm at 13 or hits, haven't decided if I want to do this one because of the pull, but if I do I'll do a couple more $$ costing hits for the extra 10k at 16. If it has a hard pull I'll forget it and save the pull for a CC application later this year.

Thanks
It is a soft pull,
unless you apply for a margin or options account..which they don't offer.
They pulled Transunion on mine.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:48 pm

Really?
Wow, thats pretty high.
For people that opened an account the last few days, i wouldn't fund until the next sweep, that is expected in a couple of days. It doesn't make sense to trade if you get the hit, since the transfer of funds takes 2 days anyways. So by the time you will be able to trade, you would know whether you made the hit or not!!

I made a trade because i opened an account shortly after the first sweep, miles posted shortly after the second and the deal went live to blogs right after, so i wanted to lock the (expected) hit in case there was a change during last week..
Old Oct 11, 2011, 5:55 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Originally Posted by Nikolaos
For people that opened an account the last few days, i wouldn't fund until the next sweep, that is expected in a couple of days. It doesn't make sense to trade if you get the hit, since the transfer of funds takes 2 days anyways. So by the time you will be able to trade, you would know whether you made the hit or not!!

I made a trade because i opened an account shortly after the first sweep, miles posted shortly after the second and the deal went live to blogs right after, so i wanted to lock the (expected) hit in case there was a change during last week..
does that matter?you could have the hit taken away so talk of locking the hit seems a bit optimistic
Old Oct 11, 2011, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
does that matter?you could have the hit taken away so talk of locking the hit seems a bit optimistic
If you trade, then how can they take the hit away??
Old Oct 11, 2011, 9:26 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Anybody get miles this week?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:00 pm

Not yet.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by booyaa
Anybody get miles this week?
Nothing yet, opened the account 10/6. I am wondering if this deal is dead without funding the account/making one trade?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.