Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wine Insiders

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:11 am

I ordered on 9/25. The miles posted with an activity date of 9/26, and the box was picked up by FedEx from them on 9/27.

No, there's no subscription. It's a one-time shipment.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
My miles posted on 11/1 with a 9/20 activity date and I only ordered the "red" sampler.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:21 pm

How bad is the red sampler?

Just an update, after bugging them for a week, my order placed on 10/16 has finally shipped, I just hope the red sampler is drinkable.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by bobby21
How bad is the red sampler?

Just an update, after bugging them for a week, my order placed on 10/16 has finally shipped, I just hope the red sampler is drinkable.
See post 45 and 47 of this thread.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Michael El
My miles posted on 11/1 with a 9/20 activity date and I only ordered the "red" sampler.
Seems like it takes a while. Ordered 10/2 and still waiting.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 7:51 am

I got an email offer from wine insiders..

12 pack sampler for 6.99 a bottle
1 cent shipping
1000 bonus us airways miles

Sorry if this has already been answered (but I couldn't easily find the answer):

Does the above promotion count as a hit?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 8:37 am

Programs: AA Platinum
I originally ordered the Red 12 bottle sampler a couple of weeks ago. Last week Wine Insiders called me to let me know that was out of stock. When I called back to figure it out, they asked for my zip code and indicated that my address (around Boston) was why it was unavailable. She offered me some other alternatives which were initially more expensive, but then she told me the "mystery red sampler" would be the same price. She couldn't tell me what wines were in it though, because, you know, it's a mystery.

She confirmed (without my asking) that I would get the same amount of miles. All in all it only took about 5 minutes. I hadn't heard of anyone else having to order a different sampler so I wanted to let people know just in case.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by khanalim
I got an email offer from wine insiders..

12 pack sampler for 6.99 a bottle
1 cent shipping
1000 bonus us airways miles

Sorry if this has already been answered (but I couldn't easily find the answer):

Does the above promotion count as a hit?
Yes, this is essentially the same offer the link on the US site takes you to.

It appears they post at the beginning of the second month following your order. September orders posted in November. I'm guessing October orders will post the beginning of December, and November orders in January. The activity date is apparently the shipping date, so as long as it ships before 11/14 you're good.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 2:26 pm

Ordered the classic (half red, half white) sampler on November 2; called today (November 6) to check status, and was told that the classic sampler has been permanently discontinued and I'll be receiving an email offering alternatives. Bah, not going to try for this hit.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 4:56 am

Programs: AA Plat
Ordered the mixed sampler on 10/8. It arrived pretty quickly, I think on Saturday, the 15th. Still no points posted yet though. =(

BTW, so far, the wines have been pretty good.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:01 am

It looks like they post miles at the beginning of the second month following, so October purchases should post in December.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by tjtjtjtj
Ordered the classic (half red, half white) sampler on November 2; called today (November 6) to check status, and was told that the classic sampler has been permanently discontinued and I'll be receiving an email offering alternatives. Bah, not going to try for this hit.
Tonight I received a shipment notice and tracking number. This is good and bad, good because I now have an excuse to try for three more hits; bad because I can't help myself but try for three more hits.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by alanh
It looks like they post miles at the beginning of the second month following, so October purchases should post in December.
That sucks. I ordered on 10/1. If I ordered a day earlier, I would have been fine. Now I'm going to miss the deadline.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by offtheglass
That sucks. I ordered on 10/1. If I ordered a day earlier, I would have been fine. Now I'm going to miss the deadline.
Miles post != activity date. Activity date is what matters. As long as your order actually ships and isn't cancelled, you'll be fine.

Enjoy the wine.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by higgies
Ordered the mixed sampler on 10/8. It arrived pretty quickly, I think on Saturday, the 15th. Still no points posted yet though. =(

BTW, so far, the wines have been pretty good.
+1. The Chard and the Zin both clear the "ten dollar bottle" quality threshold. Decent everyday drinkin' wines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.