Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Many Hits So Far?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:52 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, AS, SW, BA, AAA, AmEX Gold. SPG,Marriott, HHonors
Originally Posted by pinniped
I've never received any email whatsoever from US about my Grand Slam.

Bonuses are posting like clockwork, but I never get any email at all from US.
US Airways sent me this response to my questions as to why I didn't get the forth tier in the last October sweep.

We have reviewed your Dividend Miles account and we are including a list
of hits earned as of the last Grand Slam review which ran early on
10/24/11.

1 - Starwood Hotels Conversion
2 - Points.com Share miles
3 - Points.com Exchange miles
4 - US Airways MasterCard
5 - Teleflora
6 - Vinesse Wines
7 - Office Max
8 - Sharebuilder
9 - Dividend Miles Shopping Mall
10 - TrackItBack
11 - Biscoff
12 - 1-800-Flowers
13 - Audience Rewards
14 - Magazines for Miles
15 - Super Shuttle

The following activity has been added since the last posting and will be
included in the next review on or near 11/9/11.

Dividend Miles Dining - posted on 10/28/11
FTD - posted on 10/26/11
Best Western - posted on 10/26/11
e-Miles - posted on 11/1/11
Network Solutions - posted on 11/7/11

We appreciate this opportunity to further explain our Dividend Miles
promotion and thank you for your continued support of US Airways.

Sincerely,

I have given up trying for 28 hits hoping that my purchases with Wine Insider, Sky Mall, Restaurant.com and a La Quinta stay would round out 24 hits. Only one foul ball---my toolbar searches were apparently not recognized because I downloaded the bar two months before the promotion but did few searches before the promotion started. Today e-Rewards sent me an e-mail that they were transferring 250 DM miles in the next 4-8 weeks so I seem to have a 25th hit; I can get a Best Western room for $31 and an auto rental is $28 (x2) at the airport which is the only place they exist in my area. I frankly thought I needed $25 e-Rewards to get 500 DM to get a hit but elsewhere read today that 250 miles transfer should work as a hit. I didn't want to spend the $87 to get 3 more hits and reach 28 hits. Am I wrong?

Last edited by dapet; Nov 11, 2011 at 11:56 pm Reason: for clarity
Old Nov 12, 2011, 12:01 am

A note of friendly caution: If you see a mystery hit, don't assume it'll stay there. Tempting, but it could be reversed after GS ends. Better safe than sorry; get your hits as planned. Why risk it? Same for 21st Century quotes that shouldn't count but might. Why gamble that US won't notice? Quotes especially are against the rules, and you'd have no case to make after Nov. 14 when US might look closely.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 4:22 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
@ dapet - it's toolbar useage, not downloading, that determines a hit. All you need to do for a free hit is search using it three times (so it shows a point on the toolbar counter) before GS ends.

And 250 miles transferred from e-rewards is definitely good enough.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
@ dapet - it's toolbar useage, not downloading, that determines a hit. All you need to do for a free hit is search using it three times (so it shows a point on the toolbar counter) before GS ends.

And 250 miles transferred from e-rewards is definitely good enough.
I did receive DM in my October statement which appeared as follows:

10/1/2011 11/03/11 DIVIDEND MILES TOOLBAR SEARCH BONUS 40

Yet the e-mail of Nov 8, I received from the promotions department didn't list this as a "hit earned"; as I previously stated I used the toolbar and earned DM before the promotion began and maybe that's why they didn't count the above as a hit.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Don't give up on Wine Insiders. They're just slow. The hit will post, maybe in December. My activity date on my wine purchase was correct.

They'll keep doing sweeps until March. The activity date is the important thing. If it's December and things aren't showing up, I'd still follow-up with LaQuinta and the others. Hotels should post with the checkout date as the activity date, even if it takes them until December to post it. (If you call, I'd stress the importance of getting the actual stay to post...not just a "Sorry we lost it, we'll give you 1000 miles now.") Might not work but it's worth a shot.

I agree with the general guidance to finish your planned hits assuming they aren't going to break the bank. To me, it smells a bit like they double-counted the flowers but who really knows...
Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:18 am

Yes, just do three toolbar searches now and it will post at the beginning of December and will count.

Wine Insiders seems to post in the 2nd month following your order. September purchases posted 11/1, so October should post 12/1. Anyone ordering in November should see their miles in January. It's too late to do it now, though -- they post the shipping date, which will probably be Tuesday at the earliest.

As repeatedly noted, any activity date in the GS promotion period will count as long as it posts by March 2012. It doesn't have to post by Monday.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 3:14 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
163 Hits - 142 posted - 21 yet to post

I'm exhausted and hopefully done with GS11 assuming I don't have any foul ball issues for hits yet to post.
I spent around $1,700 incremental to get this all done for:
110K - mine
100K - wife's
60K - mother-in-law's
60K - father's
10k - sister's
25k - sister-in-law's

I probably didn't do everything perfectly (i.e. I could have spent less or yielded more miles) but I feel pretty good about GS11. I figure I'm in at .4 cents/ mile on average
Old Nov 12, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by ejh25
I'm exhausted and hopefully done with GS11 assuming I don't have any foul ball issues for hits yet to post.
I spent around $1,700 incremental to get this all done for:
110K - mine
100K - wife's
60K - mother-in-law's
60K - father's
10k - sister's
25k - sister-in-law's

I probably didn't do everything perfectly (i.e. I could have spent less or yielded more miles) but I feel pretty good about GS11. I figure I'm in at .4 cents/ mile on average
Holy moly...Ithaca huh? We should have a get-together.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 6:23 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by booyaa
Holy moly...Ithaca huh? We should have a get-together.
Would love to but recently moved to D.C. from Ithaca! Just changed my profile.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by hobo13
I have an extra GS hit myself. Hard to figure it out.
Me too. Maybe it's the two "miles hits" for 1-800 flowers purchase.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:39 pm

Can someone help me find my 2 extra hits?

Moved to Need help forum

Last edited by rykodiscs; Nov 14, 2011 at 10:09 am
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:32 am

Did anyone get a scorecard from the 11/9 sweep?

Usually they arrive about 72 hours post sweep- I really needed one this time to verify if i needed to do an extra hit for one of the accounts.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 11:10 am

Done

Just finished car rental #6 (for $16.05; thanks, Alamo), which gives me 24 hits overall. As of last week, 23 have posted, and Alamo posts like clockwork on Thursdays after a Sunday rental, so I'm not worrying about an insurance hit. I could easily have gone for more, but decided not to bother, given that the Slam bonuses will put me past my target of 300K US miles total.

Net cost: $160.62 (most of which was car rentals). That figure includes Biscoff (where I got some value for my money) and assorted throwaway puchases (Vinesse, SkyMall), but excludes shuttle trip/hotel stays I was going to do anyway.

Miles earned: 52,221 for the moment; Alamo may give an extra bonus for the code I used.

Cost (in cents) per mile: 0.3075774
Old Nov 13, 2011, 12:38 pm

Question

Originally Posted by alanh
Yes, just do three toolbar searches now and it will post at the beginning of December and will count.

Wine Insiders seems to post in the 2nd month following your order. September purchases posted 11/1, so October should post 12/1. Anyone ordering in November should see their miles in January. It's too late to do it now, though -- they post the shipping date, which will probably be Tuesday at the earliest.

As repeatedly noted, any activity date in the GS promotion period will count as long as it posts by March 2012. It doesn't have to post by Monday.
I appreciate the support. I have done 40+ searches in October and 21 so far in November I hope they will get it listed as a hit in the next sweep.. I have also now done a request for quote with 21st Century Ins and have spoken to their CSR about the quote but not purchased; I reordered a Restaurant.com coupon again when I checked with them on who was getting credit for the miles from my previous four orders and discovered it was going to Delta, which I now have changed to US Airway. Wanted to mention in case others are waiting for that post from Thanks Again. Also did a no stay Best Western rental this morning and will rent a car for a short spin on Monday which should give me 28 hits. Fingers crossed----------I think my eyes are too from reading all these posts.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by stacylee
Did anyone get a scorecard from the 11/9 sweep?

Usually they arrive about 72 hours post sweep- I really needed one this time to verify if i needed to do an extra hit for one of the accounts.
I have not, and I've been looking for it for the same reason.

So far, I've received scorecards on (all PST):

Friday, September 30, 2011 5:13 PM
Friday, October 14, 2011 4:34 PM
Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:32 PM

So it looks like one was due 2 or 3 days ago. I dislike even considering this, but do you think they "missed" the last one to keep people from knowing about potential foul balls?

Ottermatic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.