Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Many Hits So Far?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I had 9 hits that had posted by Saturday of last week, only received a bonus for 4. I figure that I'll receive the bonus for the other 4 when the next round posts.
Originally Posted by ngupta
Does some one knows when the 2nd round of posting be?

Did anyone get the miles posted for:

1. Toolbar
2. Biscoff
3. Office Max
4. Dine
5. Shopping Mall
6. Network Solutions

TIA.
The next round of bonuses will post in 2 weeks, per discussion on many of the threads in this forum, and the rules of the promotion.

Again, per multiple discussions on threads in this forum, Biscoff takes quite a while to post, and someone suggested expect those around October 1, at the earliest.

I've had 2 shopping mall transactions post, but those just posted this morning.

As far as the other transactions, since there should be threads for most, you'd probably receive the most accurate responses on those threads.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SW A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by virtuo0
I opened a brand new (first time) sharebuilder account and the miles posting desc is same as you. It must be considered as a hit.

I also made a trade in my account.
The key may be that you made a trade in your account. I have three guaranteed hits (points.com 10 DM>4 AirAsia>1 DM transfer, magazines for miles and Marriott transfer) with my 4th hit being ShareBuilder 2,500 for opening an account. My bonus hasn't posted (yet, anyway).

So at this point there are three scenarios:
1. I am on a later sweep.
2. It doesn't count and you have to make a trade.
3. It posted to my account late enough to not be included on this sweep. I can't remember when the SB miles hit, but I believe it was either Friday or over the weekend.

Who knows how to truly tell. The easiest answer for me is also the best option - that it counts and I'm in a later sweep.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by ngupta
Does some one knows when the 2nd round of posting be?

Did anyone get the miles posted for:

1. Toolbar
2. Biscoff
3. Office Max
4. Dine
5. Shopping Mall
6. Network Solutions

TIA.
I had Dinning and shopping mall miles post and count. No post for toolbar or biscoff yet and I haven't done the other 2 you list.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by g8rjeff
Mine hasn't posted. I have 8 hits. Should I panic? Or is this accomplished via a rolling wave in the system? Might mine show up in the next few hours?

Also, can anyone confirm that they earned a hit with points from the Audience Rewards' quiz?
Mine haven't posted yet either, and I have 12 hits that clearly should count.
However, last year I noticed that my Grand Slam bonus miles didn't hit until a few HOURS after earliest reports on FT. So I am not worried yet. (But I am impatiently waiting. )

On the AR thread, there are reports the AR trivia DID count

Last edited by travelpye; Sep 29, 2011 at 9:13 am Reason: new info
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:13 am

I am super worried now. I spent over $130 so far doing Biscoff, Hertz rental, track it back, exchange miles, etc. I've done about 18 hits total, of which 8 are showing up in my DM account. HOWEVER, unlike the rest of you, I have no GS bonus miles posted today. And yes, I registered the first day that GS registration became available. Is it possible that my registration somehow did not go through???
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by ksl11
I am super worried now. I spent over $130 so far doing Biscoff, Hertz rental, track it back, exchange miles, etc. I've done about 18 hits total, of which 8 are showing up in my DM account. HOWEVER, unlike the rest of you, I have no GS bonus miles posted today. And yes, I registered the first day that GS registration became available. Is it possible that my registration somehow did not go through???
But all of us have NOT had our GS bonus miles post yet. See my earlier post above yours. For whatever reason, last year my miles showed up substantially later than some of those reporting early on FT that they were seeing their bonus miles. So don't worry yet.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by ksl11
I have at least 8 hits but am also showing no tier bonuses. When I called US DM, the CSR gave me a song and dance about how they supposedly start processing on 9/28 & the bonuses will post sorta kinda soon.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:27 am

(First Post)

9/24/2011 09/27/11 EXCHANGE MILES 1
9/24/2011 09/27/11 CHOICE PRIVILEGES MILEAGE AWARDS 1,000
9/24/2011 09/24/11 ONLINE REDEMPTION -500
9/27/2011 09/28/11 E-REWARDS MILEAGE TRANSFER 500
9/29/2011 09/29/11 GRAND SLAM 2011 MULTI PARTNER BONUS - 4 3,000

So, bonus miles posted!

This also tells us that the vague "ONLINE REDEMPTION" for Magazines counts without an issue.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: US,HH
Mine have not yet posted either.

I would suggest some patience here. A CSR is not going to know the schedule of when the batch jobs run and there may be multiple batches through out the day.

If you feel you need to make contact I would email so as not to overwhelm the call center.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Is anyone in position to confirm whether this is one or two hits? It's a Marriott stay using the current US Airways promotion that is unrelated to the Grand Slam:

9/18/2011 09/21/11 MARRIOTT HOTELS BONUS 238
9/18/2011 09/21/11 MARRIOTT HOTELS BONUS 2,000
Believe it or not, I already have three of these. Marriott posts the base and bonus points together and within 2-3 days of the stay. (Good to know for people who need hotel hits in November.) If the bonuses count, I have 15 hits. If they don't, I have 12.

Is it like rental cars...just one hotel stay hit per day?

Unrelated question: can anybody who opened a Sharebuilder account and then made a single trade confirm a hit? Based on the AR Trivia counting, it's looking like SB without a trade doesn't count. But how does US Airways ever know you've made a trade? SB doesn't send across more miles. I fear that the only way to get an SB hit is to be a new subscriber to their "power trader" level. (I forget what it's called but I think it's $12/mo., minimum 6 months.)
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:35 am

The toolbar points post once a month, so they should show up in early October. Note that it usually shows the first day you earn miles as the activity date, so if you had toolbar usage prior to the start of the promo, it may post with an activity date too early even if you earned additional miles after 9/14. If so, you'll need to earn another mile in October.

No miles for me yet, but the site seems to be running slow. Everyone keeps refreshing to see if their miles are there. I should have 8 hits.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SW A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by pinniped
Unrelated question: can anybody who opened a Sharebuilder account and then made a single trade confirm a hit? Based on the AR Trivia counting, it's looking like SB without a trade doesn't count. But how does US Airways ever know you've made a trade? SB doesn't send across more miles. I fear that the only way to get an SB hit is to be a new subscriber to their "power trader" level. (I forget what it's called but I think it's $12/mo., minimum 6 months.)
Take a look at the ShareBuilder-specific thread. There's an excellent point made by beltway that given the language of the credit in our accounts, there's no way for USAirways to distinguish between someone who merely opened an account, didn't fund it or make a trade, and those that opened an account, funded it and made a trade. I'm one of the ones who has SB as one of four potential hits, with the other three being guaranteed hits. So far, as of 11:40am EDT, my account does not show the first level bonus. Others have noted that they have not received their various bonus levels as well. I'm sure they're batching them and we'll know by the end of the day tomorrow at the latest how this all shakes out. I think patience (even anxious patience) is definitely a virtue.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
For what it's worth, some random stuff is trickling in midday... My DM Shopping hit just posted...about an hour after the GS bonuses posted.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by nemloc
I happened to have had 8 activities credited INCLUDING the Audience Rewards quiz (5 x 2pts) and got the 10k for the 8 hits. Consider it confirmed for me.
Same here with my friend. He had 8 activities, including the AR quiz and got the 10k.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pinniped
Is anyone in position to confirm whether this is one or two hits? It's a Marriott stay using the current US Airways promotion that is unrelated to the Grand Slam:

Believe it or not, I already have three of these. Marriott posts the base and bonus points together and within 2-3 days of the stay. (Good to know for people who need hotel hits in November.) If the bonuses count, I have 15 hits. If they don't, I have 12.

Is it like rental cars...just one hotel stay hit per day?

The two Marriott posts only count as one hit. Even though both posts (238 miles for the stay and 2000 for the bonus) are over the 200 minimum, the activity date is the same day and you can only have 1 stay per day. If they posted with different activity dates, then maybe the sweep would treat them as 2 separate stays.

The Marriott promo is a good deal and I've arranged a trip in Nov to be held at 2 different Marriotts in the same city to get 4000 bonus points plus the 2 hits. Both rooms are between $100 and $105 + tax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.