Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to avoid any foul balls

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
After doing a little more searching, I realized the partner from last year's Grand Slam that used an activity date one day prior to the actual activity date was the Radisson Goldpoints transfer, NOT points.com swaps. So to avoid any surprises, I would advise against doing the Radisson Goldpoints transfer on the first day of the promo (today).
This really needs to be in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/2011-...er-thread.html
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
Is there anyway to track on the US airways site like Continental did eairlier in the year. I already downloaded the excel spreadsheet someone on flyertalk made but nothing about the US airways Grand Slam is showing up on my account. (Although I know I am regestered)

Is this normal? (Obviously this is my first time doing the GS promo)
Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:19 am

No unfortunately, there's no promotion lists on your account. The only way to track eligible hits is to look at items that post to your miles activity and figure which qualify.

One thing to watch out for is that for items scheduled for a specific date (flower deliveries, Audience Rewards shows) the "activity date" is usually the delivery/show date, not the order date. Although I believe some people were able to get their Audience Rewards post date adjusted last year, it was a pain in the neck. The safest course is to keep the activity inside the promotion dates.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:44 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Simply keep all emails - or print the confirmation pages to PDF - for all your hits. And be patient. After the valid activity period is over, if all your hits have posted but you haven't received your miles in the sweeps in November or December then you can contact US and provide the list of hits. They'll obviously know how many and what hits counted and you can resolve any discrepancies then.

They've been good about this in the past. Remember that sweeps run into the first quarter of 2012 for partners that post late. Provided the activity date is right, you've nothing to worry about until the final sweep is over then.

Again, key phrase is to be patient. If you want the miles quickly, buy them. Otherwise just accept that this won't be game-set-match for everyone and we won't all have 100K extra posting on Sept 28th.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:14 am

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy:17111996
Simply keep all emails - or print the confirmation pages to PDF - for all your hits. And be patient. After the valid activity period is over, if all your hits have posted but you haven't received your miles in the sweeps in November or December then you can contact US and provide the list of hits. They'll obviously know how many and what hits counted and you can resolve any discrepancies then.
Additionally, I only use the US MasterCard for any payment related to GS..

That way, the purchases will have to be somehow (indirectly) recorded at the end of each cycle by US and I ll have a complete summary of what the GS has cost me!!
Old Sep 15, 2011, 9:47 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
Originally Posted by Nikolaos
Additionally, I only use the US MasterCard for any payment related to GS..

That way, the purchases will have to be somehow (indirectly) recorded at the end of each cycle by US and I ll have a complete summary of what the GS has cost me!!

This is exactly what I was planning on doing. (Although I might put one or two flights on the card as well)
Old Sep 16, 2011, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by NewArrival
Remember to avoid coupons with SkyMall. Any coupon code invalidates the miles.

Where does it states that??? I used a coupon and got 20% off... it also reflected the earning miles.. (bought the batteries, so 6 miles)....
Old Sep 16, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
So I'm confused on tracking some of the merchants. Say I'm placing an order from Biscoff.com. Where do I enter my DM # when placing the order?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Michael El
So I'm confused on tracking some of the merchants. Say I'm placing an order from Biscoff.com. Where do I enter my DM # when placing the order?
Not much mystery, is there?
Its simple! Enter your Dividend Miles number & click on GO button and start shopping!
Old Sep 16, 2011, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Thanks so much for this link. I wasn't on this url earlier.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Michael El
Thanks so much for this link. I wasn't on this url earlier.
Then I suspect you weren't going through the special link on the US website.

For help finding all such links (which are scattered around the US website), see below.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Then I suspect you weren't going through the special link on the US website.

For help finding all such links (which are scattered around the US website), see below.
Thanks for the help. I found the shopping mall but not some of the other links. Just placed an order with Biscoff and Wine Insiders for the sampler of reds. ^
Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Thanks beltway....with your link, the Biscoff purchase process was straightforward. Actually looking forward to getting this one in the mail.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 7:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Potential rental car foul ball: I rented from National on Sept 16-17. Waited over a week...nothing posted to US Airways, even though I'd switched my earnings preference with National.

So I sent an email to National...thinking maybe I'd just get a "yeah, your reservation was fine...be patient." Instead, I got a note back saying that they've manually submitted the miles for me, but that I need to physically CALL them to have the rest of my fall rentals switched over to earn miles.

Or I can cancel them all and rebook them all.

Apparently, when you book a rental, that rental inherits whatever earnings preference you have on the account at that time - even if you later change it.

Makes me wonder if National outsourced their IT to the same people who coded Southwest's site, but whatever...I'll make the phone call.

It stands to reason that this same bug might be present at Alamo and who knows where else... Something to consider...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.