Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways 2011 Grand Slam Promotion
Reload this Page >

"Other partner" hits (not Shopping Mall) [master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Other partner" hits (not Shopping Mall) [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
So I made a non-subscription purchase from Vinesse. I got miles for it today. If that mistakenly counts for a hit, I hope US doesn't try to screw me over when consecutive monthly Vinesse miles don't post and they assume I cancelled a subscription.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope the people at PHX for Supershuttle don't put on too many extra drivers tonight, but I guess if they do, they'll all get paid.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 6:41 pm

I'd make sure to do the no show somewhere that has a check-in desk like DFW so the driver is not standing there like a putz waiting on you.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by lacuadra
That is strange. I am planning to register a domain that I had in mind for a while. Planning to use the 70% coupon, and hope that this will not invalidate this mileage deal (hit).

Did they give u a reason for this? Is it possible to share with us so we can avoid?
Now that I reread the email it might due to my US address but SE Asia IP address. Here's the email text:

Order Cancellation
Dear dsquared37,

We were unable to complete your order with the information you provided. Your order was cancelled [sic] and a refund processed on the credit card provided. To proceed with a new order, please contact us and provide the following information:

Name:
Billing address:
Zip Code:
Email Address:
Telephone Number:
Account Number:
Product Description:

You may reach us by email at: [email protected].

We hope this update has been helpful. As a Network Solutions® Customer, you are entitled to unlimited access, day or night, to technically skilled Consultants who are dedicated to delivering any level of support you may need.
It's the risk management email at the bottom that clues me in.

Originally Posted by mikeef
Good luck sorting that out, but look on the bright side. At least you got a confirm.

This may be the hit that causes me to do a 37th or 38th.

Mike
I'll be in the states next week and I'll try again. No sense in yet another attempt from a foreign IP.

Originally Posted by mikeef
I've read this thread, including post #1, several times, and I just realized that there are three flower hits, not two.

Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, evil Mikeef! Oh, I am a naughty person, and I must pay the penalty.

Mike
It's too perilous. Or did you mean the oral.......?

Originally Posted by maxbluebrosche
Again Supershuttle

+ 1 vinesse book (no subscription)
I also had a non-wine, non-subscription purchase post today.

Originally Posted by keirnna
None of the poetry slams are showing up.
Glad I'm not alone.

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
So I made a non-subscription purchase from Vinesse. I got miles for it today. If that mistakenly counts for a hit, I hope US doesn't try to screw me over when consecutive monthly Vinesse miles don't post and they assume I cancelled a subscription.
Unless they keep sending a wine chiller each month I'm not worrying about this. Quite happy the miles showed up today.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 7:14 pm

For the folks who had their points posted Super shuttle, when you booked, did you write anything in the comment book such as " leave without me" or did you just leave it blank?
Old Sep 23, 2011, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
For the folks who had their points posted Super shuttle, when you booked, did you write anything in the comment book such as " leave without me" or did you just leave it blank?
Again, at DFW they have a counter you have to check-in at. There is no one waiting for you to arrive. Other places YMMV.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
woo hoo, my Supershuttle miles hit my account today, even if I made a mistake and booked DFW Hyatt to DFW instead of viceversa...
glad my mistake worked out in the end...
Old Sep 23, 2011, 7:53 pm

Same here, DFW-Hyatt SuperShuttle no-show from Sep 17 just posted.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:10 pm

Programs: US Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, National Exec.
Originally Posted by HikerT
Same here, DFW-Hyatt SuperShuttle no-show from Sep 17 just posted.
My no show on the 19th posted today!!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Why are we assuming that a hit from Vinesse for a non-subscription purchase would be a "mistake" by US?

Here is the exact language stated below the Vinesse link: Join a Vinesse Wine Club and get 2,000 bonus miles, plus 5 miles for every $1 you spend.

In this case, "plus" is used as a conjunction, meaning the same as "and". Therefore, this sentence states two options to get that one hit from Vinesse. Any other interpretation by US is nonsense. The language used does not state nor imply: "Join a Vinesse Wine Club and get 2,000 bonus miles, plus 5 miles for every $1 you spend on a Vinesse Wine Club."

I believe this same debate occurred here on FT during the 2010 GS.

Last edited by tommyleo; Sep 23, 2011 at 8:24 pm
Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by tommyleo
Why are we assuming that a hit from Vinesse for a non-subscription purchase would be a "mistake" by US?

Here is the exact language stated below the Vinesse link: Join a Vinesse Wine Club and get 2,000 bonus miles, plus 5 miles for every $1 you spend.

In this case, "plus" is used as a conjunction, meaning the same as "and". Therefore, this sentence states two options to get that one hit from Vinesse. Any other interpretation by US is nonsense. The language used does not state nor imply: "Join a Vinesse Wine Club and get 2,000 bonus miles, plus 5 miles for every $1 you spend on a Vinesse Wine Club."

I believe this same debate occurred here on FT during the 2010 GS.
Well said and well argued. I want to and do share your analysis, but I'm still hesitant because US DM could just as easily claim the second clause (after the comma) depends on the first. Then we'd get into a grammar match, and it wouldn't be enjoyable. Probably prevail, yes. But I'll choose my headaches elsewhere. In any event, I'm with you on the interpretation.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by NewArrival
Well said and well argued. I want to and do share your analysis, but I'm still hesitant because US DM could just as easily claim the second clause (after the comma) depends on the first. Then we'd get into a grammar match, and it wouldn't be enjoyable. Probably prevail, yes. But I'll choose my headaches elsewhere. In any event, I'm with you on the interpretation.
But the miles posted from a regular non-wine, non-subscription purchase. And at 5 miles/USD. So there's no dependence of the second clause upon the first.

And, since something posted, there's no argument needed.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 9:08 pm

Programs: SPG Plat & IC Amb
My no-show DFW & PHX both posted 9/23. I wrote nothing in comment box.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by kannon99
Dang, Ill just miss you, I am on the 10pm shuttle out of PHX.
It is OK, somehow I am still here in AUS...
Old Sep 23, 2011, 9:43 pm

With Thanks Again, I just have to buy the restaurant certificate, right? I don't actually have to use it, yes? Or do I?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.