Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weird My Itineraries

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2002, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Weird My Itineraries

I'm booked on a three-legged trip and have upgraded one leg to F. On the "united.com itineraries" page my flights are listed as

AAA - BBB Economy
BBB - CCC Economy (although the seat numbers are in F)
CCC - AAA Economy
BBB - CCC Economy ???????

The dates for the "extra" BBB-CCC leg also don't match with the "real" leg.

It may be just a bug but.... the upgraded flight is on an A320 and I'm in row 3 so .... are they trying to tell me something?

-- Dambus

[This message has been edited by Dambus (edited 08-01-2002).]
Old Aug 1, 2002, 11:47 am

Location: IND- Views expressed by me in this forum are solely my opinion and do not reflect the opinion or policies of UA.
I have never seen an itinerary that looked like that...
However, Row 3 on an Airbus A-320 is indeed first class.
Beware the aircraft swap! If the a/c is downgraded to an A-319 (it happens), Row 3 is bulkhead Econ+.
Old Aug 1, 2002, 12:22 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
And for me, when I have upgraded segments, it shows that there are 2 pax with the same name flying! Also, it shows that the fare paid is exactly double!

Fortunately, the credit card was charged correctly and the receipts that the UA agents print are correct.
Old Aug 1, 2002, 4:06 pm
FOH

Programs: DL GM, UA nobody, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jana:
Beware the aircraft swap! If the a/c is downgraded to an A-319 (it happens), Row 3 is bulkhead Econ+.
</font>
I've lost seats for the swap the other way. I was assigned 5F on an A319 on a connecting flight. I reached my connecting gate and heard my name announced. They had swapped the A319 for an A320, so there was no longer any row 5, since coach begins with row 6. I still got an Economy Plus seat though so I was happy.
Old Aug 1, 2002, 4:20 pm

Location: IND- Views expressed by me in this forum are solely my opinion and do not reflect the opinion or policies of UA.
and there you go... another happy upgraded customer!!
Old Aug 2, 2002, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jana:
I have never seen an itinerary that looked like that...
</font>
Thanks for the heads up - I rang and changed the seat assignment to row 2.

I checked the other "All my itineraries" option and it looks about right. The upgraded leg is listed twice but at least on the right date. The only weird thing is that the total price shown is about $20 less that "united.com itineraries" version.

-- Dambus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.