Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "is Economy Plus worth it?" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "is Economy Plus worth it?" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2010, 9:32 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1P SPG Gold
How tall are you?
Old May 9, 2010, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would say it depends on your personal requirements for comfort, but I'm 5'10", and I find that even at my height, E+ is definitely noticeably more comfortable.
Old May 9, 2010, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Not sure what UA would charge, but if it comes anywhere close to $200 each way, sign up for Premier Services package (or whatever it's called) so you have E+ for a year on all your flights. Had a fellow sitting behind me on the SYD-LAX run two weeks ago who had bought the E+ option but wasn't overly impressed by the extra leg room. Having booked into regular E by mistake one year -- and unable to convince the FAs that as a Premier I was entitled to a seat in E+ -- I can say one can endure regular E, but E+ is still better when the seatback in front of you is in full recline.
Old May 9, 2010, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Shareholder
if it comes anywhere close to $200 each way, sign up for Premier Services package (or whatever it's called) so you have E+ for a year on all your flights.
Or if you're traveling with someone, since E+ Access lets you bring a guest.
Old May 9, 2010, 10:06 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
E+ is definitely worth the money. It is a matter of how much the money is worth for you.
Old May 9, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG
E+ is the ONLY reason I fly UA. For me, it's priceless, but I'm over 6'4" and don't have the best knees. Enjoy your flight!
Old May 9, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: United, Delta
Depends, I think I prefer having two seats E- to myself in the back of the plane, but of course that is not always guaranteed. Though 3/4 for international flights isn't bad...
Old May 9, 2010, 11:03 am

Programs: EK Gold, UA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
I just flew LH in Y from Frankfurt to Delhi and missed E+ big time, I'm 6' and the only reason LH Y was tolerable was an empty seat beside me. I hate the thought of doing long hauls without E+, that is why United has my loyalty.
Old May 12, 2010, 12:09 pm

I am not tall only 5' 1"

I have not travel with UA on E for awhile, the last time I remember E on UA was tight, I am only 5 feet 1 inches and I do feel cramp compare to other airline seat.

I will fly IAD to LHR in July and few seat left is way in the back of the plane, I decided to pay extra to E+ and hope 5 inches longer will make the difference.

thanks you for all your responses.

LS.
Old May 23, 2010, 7:23 pm

Economy Plus worth it for IAD-EZE and back on 767-300?

It's $214 per person both ways, traveling with one other person. Otherwise, we're in 30 E and H, meaning 2 of the 3 middle seats, which seems pretty crappy. We can get 2 seats on the side, likely 23AB, or 24JK...thoughts?
Old May 23, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by dpakman91
It's $214 per person both ways, traveling with one other person. Otherwise, we're in 30 E and H, meaning 2 of the 3 middle seats, which seems pretty crappy. We can get 2 seats on the side, likely 23AB, or 24JK...thoughts?
That's a long flight. I would consider C the minimal acceptable level of comfort. E- isn't even to speak of.
Old May 23, 2010, 7:30 pm

Programs: SWA A-List/Companion Pass, BAEC Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold, ChoicePrivileges Gold
Buy a one year subscription to E+ (I believe it is $375). I believe this should allow you to bring one companion into E+ with you. Cheaper and then one person gets E+ for any additionally trips within the next 12 months.
Old May 23, 2010, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by mauiUAflyer
That's a long flight. I would consider C the minimal acceptable level of comfort. E- isn't even to speak of.
Haha, i can't even come close to affording C. as it is i got both tix with FF miles transferred to CO from American Express.
Old May 23, 2010, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by 1wfudeac
Buy a one year subscription to E+ (I believe it is $375). I believe this should allow you to bring one companion into E+ with you. Cheaper and then one person gets E+ for any additionally trips within the next 12 months.
damn, i bought the passes before seeing this...that would be the same price and cover me for a year. i called united and they said economy plus is 100% nonrefundable and there's nothing they can do...do i have any recourse? it's only been an hour since i purchased it.
Old May 25, 2010, 1:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, SPG, UA, AA, Delta
Economy Plus is on sale

Is $59 worth it for PIT-LAX? I've never bought it before. If that's the sale I'd hate to see what full price is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.