Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Employee Uniforms Coming.....2011

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:36 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
NewsReal today....new uniforms for FA's and ground personnel (customer service, ramp, maintenance).
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
From UA:
http://ir.united.com/phoenix.zhtml?c...350&highlight=

United Airlines' Uniforms Fly to New Heights
New uniforms from award-winning designer Cynthia Rowley in 2011 will bring a fresh design and high quality to the airport runway

CHICAGO, Nov. 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- United employee uniforms will undergo a makeover as the airline partners with world-renowned fashion designer Cynthia Rowley to create new uniforms for the airport runway. Fashionable, functional uniforms will be designed for United flight attendants, pilots, customer service representatives, ramp service and maintenance employees.
And picked up on the AP wire:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/United....html?x=0&.v=1
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:23 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Saw the article this morning in USAToday, and mentioned it to the agent at JFK RCC. The agent said that she had just met with the designer yesterday. It appears that they are getting feedback from all levels, which is a good thing.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:31 am

Programs: UA 2K MM - Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by United737522
I think FAs ought to wear epaulets on their uniforms. It looks professional and it makes it easy to find the purser....
Great idea!@:-)
Then the F/A call buttons could be installed on the epaulets!^
Old Nov 6, 2009, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA PLT
The FA I spoke with on my flight yesterday was pretty excited about getting the new uniform. She was sick and tired of always wearing navy blue
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by PTahCha
Saw the article this morning in USAToday, and mentioned it to the agent at JFK RCC. The agent said that she had just met with the designer yesterday. It appears that they are getting feedback from all levels, which is a good thing.
Yes, there is a questionaire for all employees on our in house intranet.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA MM
If F/A's are here primarily for our safety, they should wear flame-retardant jumpsuits in international orange, with high-vis strips and lots of securely-closing pockets for safety equipment. And combat boots. Male and female uniforms can be identical.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver
New Uniforms for UA, designed by Cynthia Rowley

Hello all,

I didn't see this posted earlier, but I thought I'd share anyway. Looks like United is pouring some money into new designer-designed uniforms for employees. See the article below...

--OxyChaz

http://www.sassybella.com/2009/11/cy...ited-airlines/

United Airlines has enlisted the help of American fashion designer Cynthia Rowley to makeover all their employee uniforms for 2011. Known for her sophisticated and flirty designs, Rowley will be create new uniforms for United’s diverse range of staff from the flight attendants to pilots, customer service representatives, ramp service and maintenance employees.

“New uniforms, with an improved look and feel, are a key investment in our company and our people, who are the face of United,” says John Tague, President, United Airlines.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Nov 10, 2009 at 6:26 pm Reason: To conform to FlyerTalk policy in not quoting entire text of proprietary article.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Great Use of UA Funds

I would have loved to see this money spend in better food or speeding up the WI FI process...
Old Nov 10, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Benny8444
Great Use of UA Funds

I would have loved to see this money spend in better food or speeding up the WI FI process...
+1
Old Nov 10, 2009, 5:11 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Benny8444
Great Use of UA Funds

or perhaps paying the employees more? <ducking>
Old Nov 10, 2009, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K,SPG Plat,
Wonder if the new uniforms will help improve morale any? Not as much as more pay like goalie suggested, but some, no?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Count Your Blessings
Whoever approved this at UAL needs to have their ... kicked and canned.

They are in no financial condition to be paying premiums to fashion designers.

But it only makes sense, for it's representative of the managerial ineptitude leading to the general sorry state of the way the airline is run overall.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by UALfromMSN
Wonder if the new uniforms will help improve morale any? Not as much as more pay like goalie suggested, but some, no?
At my old work whenever we got new uniforms, we worked harder. Our morale did go up. I think if employee morale goes up its a win for customers. I was in HKG last month and the CSRs still have a 1990s uniform. The CSRs at SNA also have a similar uniform. It's about time to get a new look.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 6:21 pm

Programs: NZ and UA
Originally Posted by KMHT FF
Whoever approved this at UAL needs to have their ... kicked and canned.

They are in no financial condition to be paying premiums to fashion designers.

But it only makes sense, for it's representative of the managerial ineptitude leading to the general sorry state of the way the airline is run overall.
Come on now, even if it were Gucci it wouldn't affect your booking habits?

Well, I guess just cuz it's Gucci wouldn't mean the FA's are all supermodels now, would it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.