Wiki Posts
Search

New Employee Uniforms Coming.....2011

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2009, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: My views are not those of United Airlines or UAL Corp
New Employee Uniforms Coming.....2011

From an internal memo. "committed to a complete uniform replacement program for 2011 that will enable a higher level of pride to better reflect your professionalism and the airline we are becoming."

What would you, our best customers, like to see? And, let's keep this clean...lol.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by UAflyer06
the airline we are becoming
I would like to see that mission statement
Old Sep 25, 2009, 4:35 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
The 1968 uniform was pretty slick.

http://www.uniformfreak.com/1united.html
Old Sep 25, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: CX Gold
I've just taken a look at UA, US and CO. It seems that their uniforms USED to be quite good-looking. However, they all become dark blue and look very similar. Is there a reason why they all tend to have the same uniform?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 5:23 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I think the Lufthansa uniform is relatively elegant looking, for the FAs. Maybe it's just the bright yellow tied scarf they wear that makes it cool.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
The DL ones are sharp. Then again, they're Kate Spade-designed.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Out of the current ones from UA I like when women wear the long skirt with the blouse. And I especially like when they wear the hat - I think it is very classy and looks really elegant. I'd like to see something that looks sharp and fitted. The one thing that really needs to go is the "dress" I think it looks terrible - no matter what the body dimensions are. With that being said UA needs to come up with several good options that keeps in mind the diversity of the employees and their physical shape.

I think that blues will definitely still be a part of it as all of United's corporate colors seem to be in the blues right now. However, it would be nice to maybe have an accessory pice in "gold" like the F ticket jackets, maybe a scarf for the ladies and the tie for the men?

I would definitely like to see something more tailored looking, I hate the thrown on look that so many of the uniforms have now, sometimes the employees at a fast food restaurant look more tailored. And, yes one can have tailored clothes for different body proportions.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 5:55 pm

Those Hawaiian uniforms from the link I think are VERY nice. I don't think they'd ever do it though, since it's probably too casual-looking for UA.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 6:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
I'll second the plaudits for LH and DL. I'll also second SF1K's notion that there should be a diversity in styles, and that pieces should be well-tailored.

My personal fave uniforms are VX: Bright red, white, and black for the agents, jet black for the entire "on-board team" including the pilots. All their garments seem to be very sharp, well-fitted, and modern (clean lines, no pleats, no extraneous flourishes, etc.). It's very Kenneth Cole chic, clothes that I'd be happy to wear as a young urbanite. Unfortunately, that aesthetic couldn't be farther from UA's image.

Whatever UA comes up with, I hope they can somehow pull off achieving a balanced aura of authority and friendliness, classy but approachable. What I hope they don't do is take a faux populist approach and make employees look like bland Olive Garden hosts a la WN.

Thanks for posting this, UAflyer06. It would be great if UA could invite FTers to give feedback when the selection process starts, much like they have for Choice Menu and other service initiatives.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 6:16 pm

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Maybe UA can actually follow KE's example by hiring a famous fashion designer to design the uniform. After all, whether we like it or not, the uniform represents the company.

http://www.fashionwindows.com/beauty..._ferre/KAL.asp
Old Sep 25, 2009, 6:38 pm

I think FAs ought to wear epaulets on their uniforms. It looks professional and it makes it easy to find the purser....
Old Sep 25, 2009, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
It would be nice if it can reflect UA's paint scheme, maybe white jacket and blue pants, a gradient blue tie or either gradient blue stripes at the sleeves.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
Maybe UA can actually follow KE's example by hiring a famous fashion designer to design the uniform.
After that whole Charlie Trotter experience, I am not sure I'd second that....
Old Sep 25, 2009, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: My views are not those of United Airlines or UAL Corp
Originally Posted by SF1K
Out of the current ones from UA I like when women wear the long skirt with the blouse. And I especially like when they wear the hat - I think it is very classy and looks really elegant. I'd like to see something that looks sharp and fitted. The one thing that really needs to go is the "dress" I think it looks terrible - no matter what the body dimensions are. With that being said UA needs to come up with several good options that keeps in mind the diversity of the employees and their physical shape.

I think that blues will definitely still be a part of it as all of United's corporate colors seem to be in the blues right now. However, it would be nice to maybe have an accessory pice in "gold" like the F ticket jackets, maybe a scarf for the ladies and the tie for the men?

I would definitely like to see something more tailored looking, I hate the thrown on look that so many of the uniforms have now, sometimes the employees at a fast food restaurant look more tailored. And, yes one can have tailored clothes for different body proportions.
Sir/Ma'am.. "Sharp and fitted"...have you seen some of our employee's? Many of the FA's, for example, wear the dress, for example, because it is comfortable and believe it or not, they wear it because they only need to wash it every few weeks!Yuck!
Old Sep 25, 2009, 7:21 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Maybe the DL "red dress", and then there can be a big discussion about "RDQ" (red dress qualified).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.