Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Employee Uniforms Coming.....2011

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA PLT
Originally Posted by UAflyer06
From an internal memo. "committed to a complete uniform replacement program for 2011 that will enable a higher level of pride to better reflect your professionalism and the airline we are becoming."

What would you, our best customers, like to see? And, let's keep this clean...lol.
I would like them to articulate the "airline they are becoming"
Old Sep 25, 2009, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Many of the FA's, for example, wear the dress, for example, because it is comfortable and believe it or not, they wear it because they only need to wash it every few weeks!Yuck!
Oh, that's what you meant by "And, let's keep this clean..."

Personally, I am glad I live in an area of the country and work for a company where dress code means to most "wear something that's comfortable", so I can relate to the desire to wear something comfortable.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 9:59 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
I expect the 2011 UA uniform will either say "Continental" or "US Airways".
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat.
Originally Posted by channa
The DL ones are sharp. Then again, they're Kate Spade-designed.
Not to split hairs, but the currnent DL uniform was actually designed by Richard Tyler...Kate Spade designed the "Song" uniforms.

http://www.dexigner.com/fashion/news-g3875.html
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-106533365.html
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
I've just taken a look at UA, US and CO. It seems that their uniforms USED to be quite good-looking. However, they all become dark blue and look very similar. Is there a reason why they all tend to have the same uniform?
There is a growing problem.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 3:47 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
Maybe UA can actually follow KE's example by hiring a famous fashion designer to design the uniform. After all, whether we like it or not, the uniform represents the company.

http://www.fashionwindows.com/beauty..._ferre/KAL.asp
The Korean designs seem very impractical with light colors and white. Will pick up the dirt in no time at all.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 5:18 am

Programs: OP Platinum, UA 1K
I would like the whole atmosphere to be brighter. So if I had to vote, I would say maybe light blues/grays instead of the dark colors.

The way planes are packed these days, any attempt to make the interior brighter and more spacious feeling goes a really long way to making the flight better.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 5:21 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus/ GS
From an internal memo. "committed to a complete uniform replacement program for 2011 that will enable a higher level of pride to better reflect your professionalism and the airline we are becoming."

What would you, our best customers, like to see? And, let's keep this clean...lol.
I fail to understand by you feel it is appropriate to post information from an internal company memo?
Old Sep 26, 2009, 5:42 am

If it were truly up to the customer, we would all be a size 2.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 6:18 am

Programs: UA G
Sir/Ma'am.. "Sharp and fitted"...have you seen some of our employee's? Many of the FA's, for example, wear the dress, for example, because it is comfortable and believe it or not, they wear it because they only need to wash it every few weeks!Yuck!
Ok, gross. Is there no policy around this?
Old Sep 26, 2009, 7:13 am

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
Originally Posted by unitedfa
I fail to understand by you feel it is appropriate to post information from an internal company memo?
It's hardly akin to revealing proprietary information. I believe the OP realized that posting a snippet from the memo could cause no harm, and provides an interesting discussion.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5* Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dhauld
I would like the whole atmosphere to be brighter. So if I had to vote, I would say maybe light blues/grays instead of the dark colors.

The way planes are packed these days, any attempt to make the interior brighter and more spacious feeling goes a really long way to making the flight better.
I hear you, but unfortunately today's FAs are not the stewardesses of years gone by. Now, they are baggage handlers, traffic cops, head cooks & bottle washers. Anything light is going to immediately show the wear and tear of several flights/day.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 8:20 am

It might be a good idea to make it as much like the CO uniform as possible, thereby cutting down on likely future costs.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 9:57 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie

madeline hats and pony tails . but seriously, i would think that there should be several choices for the f/a's do choose from not "here is the the new uni" and maybe even a focus group/fashion show of f/a's and "some of us" (yes, all modeling the clothes not just f/a's [and no, i don't have the legs for a dress ]) as it could be a good p/r event and not all dresses or pants as some look good in dresses while some look good in pants. also, if f/a's have to pay for their uni's (or even part of it with the rest subsidized) i think that ua corporate should spring for the new wardrobe costs 100%. as to style, perhaps something with a retro look?

Originally Posted by hur88
Those Hawaiian uniforms from the link I think are VERY nice. I don't think they'd ever do it though, since it's probably too casual-looking for UA.
on flights to/from hi, i think it would be a very nice touch ^ but it should be optional for the f/a
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
Originally Posted by gras
I hear you, but unfortunately today's FAs are not the stewardesses of years gone by. Now, they are baggage handlers, traffic cops, head cooks & bottle washers. Anything light is going to immediately show the wear and tear of several flights/day.
The AFA would have you believe that the KE FAs are also all of the above jobs you mentioned and their uniforms don't pick up dirt.

I think these need to be designer oriented and put some fun back into flying. The 60's uniforms are a real a gem. We don't need to view cabin crew as business people - they are not.

ENOUGH OF NAVY BLUE PLEASE!!!!

Last edited by SQPPS; Sep 26, 2009 at 9:27 pm Reason: edited to post comments about navy blue ;)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.