Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Employee Uniforms Coming.....2011

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
I kind of like the scarves with the graphical design featuring world city names. Seems kind of cool in a retro way. Wasn't it EA that used to feature something similar on the back walls at ticket counters?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:53 am

Programs: VAG
Oh, this thread again! I was hoping there was some new information.

Specifically, I still want to see how the uniform looks on someone who isn't a two-dimensional oh-so-multiracial cartoon drawing with the proportions of a praying mantis.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
I'd like to see the kind of unabashed inspiration that went into NZ's new uniforms.

They look great on different body types and communicate the overall branding of the airline well. And the different colours make it very easy to differentiate the different job roles. And there's a bit of variety, too, for employees to choose from.

Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: second-tier member of various hotel and airline programs
Checking in late on this topic to observe -- as a tailor when not doing HR consulting -- that those highly-fitted jackets for the ladies better include some "stretch" fabric. Otherwise they are going to be quite unsuitable for any kind of real work requiring moving the arms on an aircraft. Some examples: reaching overhead to close an overhead bin (when you can find an FA who is willing to perform this task); reaching to someone in a middle or window seat with a hot drink; stooping down to stow or retrieve one's baggage from behind a first class seat.

Also, to the "praying mantis" comment from another poster above...it's true; in the real world of flight attendants, such a tailored suit (pencil skirt, slim slacks, highly-fitted jacket) will often be less than flattering. I would expect to see quite a lot of female FAs choosing the sweater instead of the jacket. I know I would, just based on comfort and ease of movement.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out! Can't wait!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile Gold, Club, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hertz G, A/Club
Those models sure don't look like any

PMUA FA I ever saw. Been doing some TPAC and some TATL. Do PMCO people look like that?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by the cranky banker
I would expect to see quite a lot of female FAs choosing the sweater instead of the jacket. I know I would, just based on comfort and ease of movement.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out! Can't wait!
That's why most flight attendants who wear jackets remove them for the service portion of the flight. I think the LH uniforms are very nice and those attendants did exactly what I stated; jackets come off after take off and then jackets back on for landing. For some people they just choose the frumpy look over style.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 1:50 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Whatever they end up with I just hope the employees feel like they had a voice that was heard as if you feel good at work, with dress being a part of that, then you can perform with a smile on your face.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 4:15 am

Programs: second-tier member of various hotel and airline programs
Originally Posted by schley
Whatever they end up with I just hope the employees feel like they had a voice that was heard as if you feel good at work, with dress being a part of that, then you can perform with a smile on your face.
Excellent observation! I agree completely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.