Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

SAS Intra-Scandinavia Segments No Longer Get MP Credit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2002, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat

Checking on my Mileage Plus account balance, I was told by the agent that my July 8 Trondheim-Oslo flight did not qualify for MP credit because of a July 1 policy change by SAS. My Oslo-London flight did post, however.

Does this policy apply to all intra-Scandinavia flights, now marketed as "Scandinavian Direct" and lacking business class?
Old Jul 15, 2002, 10:06 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
yep. the goverment in those countries decided to eliminate ff mile earning on those flights because competition was non existant, due to the SAS FF program
Old Jul 15, 2002, 10:35 am

Doesnt this ban become effective from 1 of AUGUST 2002?

https://www.scandinavian.net/EC/Appl...253DNO,00.html

Ban on earning bonuspoints on Norwegian Domestic routes from August 1, 2002 for flights operated by SAS, Braathens and Widere.

The Norwegian Ministry of Labour and Administration has decided to ban the earning of SAS EuroBonus and Braathens Wings points on domestic flights within Norway from August 1, 2002.

The decision also applies to members of other airlines frequent flyer programs were SAS, Braathens and Widere are included as partners.

SAS regrets the consequences of this ban, and the rejection of our appeal against the decision.

You will however still receive points for your hotel stays and car rentals in Norway as well as for all international flights including flights to and from Norway.

The decision does not apply for bonus travel on Norwegian domestic routes. You may still use your points as you do today - within or outside Norway.
Old Jul 15, 2002, 10:57 am

July 31, 2002 is the ultimate day you are earning FF miles on Norwegian domestic flights.

https://www.scandinavian.net/EC/Appl...253DNO,00.html

------------------
Old Jul 15, 2002, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Will have to argue the effective date with MP. Glad this didn't start until after the *a 55,555-mile bonus promo!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.