Wiki Posts
Search

Can a 1K flying on AC out of SFO use the

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2002, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Can a 1K flying on AC out of SFO use the

Lounge, that is available for AC flyers? That would be the continental lounge, I Think, but this would seem to be a pretty funny pass through?
Old Jul 12, 2002, 2:56 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

You should be able to since you're a Star Alliance Gold and that's the arrangement AC made to accomodate their premium customers.
Old Jul 12, 2002, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Thanks. I guess the question is, did Continental sign on for that, when they agreed to allow AC VIPS use their lounges?
I got a nice smile and a 1K card, I'll let ya know which worked best.
:-)
Old Jul 12, 2002, 3:49 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Last July when I flew AC out of SFO, they shared the TWA Ambassador lounge. At that time, as a *A I had access to that lounge. If it's CO's lounge that AC now uses, I'd imagine it's just the same.
Old Jul 12, 2002, 4:03 pm

As a Star Gold, you are invited to use "their lounge" at SFO, but in March, I was pointed toward (or to?) the Delta Crown room (land-side and down the terminal a few hundred feet). The security line looked a little iffy, so I passed.
Old Jul 12, 2002, 4:15 pm

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
I noticed at DEN that AC was on the sign for the CO President's Lounge. Is this still true and doesn't that increase the value of AC Club membership over buying an RCC? Seems like I remember AC was cheaper anyhow!
Old Jul 12, 2002, 4:21 pm

MLL membership doesn't entitle you to use CO's lounges. The only reason why you can use it at SFO is because there is no RCC in the terminal that AC flies out of.

However, if you only fly UA domestic, the AC MLL membership is definitely a better buy over the RCC one. (I think it's around $250 USD)
Old Jul 12, 2002, 4:24 pm

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Am I still correct that you can get into CO's at DEN? I know I read it on the Placard post-911, when I ran through A Security...
Old Jul 12, 2002, 4:41 pm

I am not sure since I've never flown into DEN. Since AC flies out of 'B' and there's a RCC there, maybe CO lounge access in 'A' is for when you're flying on other *A carriers? Is there a RCC (or other *A lounge) at 'A'?
Old Jul 12, 2002, 4:47 pm

Hmmm...Interesting. Out of A at DEN are a few UA gates and Mexicana and maybe Lufthansa???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.