Wiki Posts
Search

BOS-TPE and getting to Premier Exec

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2002, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BOS - UA 2P, SPG Plat
BOS-TPE and getting to Premier Exec

I am flying BOS-SFO-TPE Aug 4-13 on UAL using 60K miles and currently the best fare I can see on UAL is $1425 for the same itinerary.

While I currently have ~27K actual miles flown this year, I would like to retain my Premier Exec status for next year as well. Flying to TPE on a paid ticket would provide me 18K miles toward that goal.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to get a cheaper ticket, or comments on whether $1430 is worth it?

Thanks!
Old Jul 12, 2002, 2:48 pm
SJC

Programs: UA 1K2MM
If you don't care about upgrades, try to buy your ticket through a consolidator in your area specializing in Asia (Taiwan). You should be able to get at least a couple of hundred dollars less.
Old Jul 12, 2002, 2:58 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
or try SFO-TPE and see what type of fare you get. Then buy a "cheap" BOS-SFO round trip ticket separately.
Old Jul 12, 2002, 3:53 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SJC:
If you don't care about upgrades, try to buy your ticket through a consolidator in your area specializing in Asia (Taiwan). You should be able to get at least a couple of hundred dollars less.</font>
Call Far East Travel in Boston's Chinatown. Ask for Wendy. Her number is 617-426-3343. Tell her Michael Leung sent you.

------------------
When once you have experienced being a 1K, you will forever fly the friendly skies with your eyes set on 100% mileage bonus and SWUs, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return, every year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.