Wiki Posts
Search

767-300 LAX-JFK and JFK-LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2002, 12:21 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member
Original Poster

767-300 LAX-JFK and JFK-LAX

Yes! It is true. UA12/UA897 is back to a 767-300.

Now why did they have to make it the 7:00AM flight? Who can possibly wake up at to get to JFK by 7:00AM after a night in NY? Oh yea, just party on through....
Old Jul 11, 2002, 12:47 pm

Is this the start of a trend?

In addition to this flight, there are also 3 daily 763s on the current schedule JFK-SFO.

There is also a 762 EWR-SFO.
Old Jul 11, 2002, 2:40 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member
Original Poster

Sorry about the trival thread but it has been so long since the 767-300 has been on the LAX route.

And LarryU - right now A fares are the exact same price as BA3 fares.

Old Jul 11, 2002, 3:13 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
How much does an A fare price at?

BTW, in my last letter to UA complaining about those shabby 762's, they told me that UA is doing a study to see with which planes they will best replace the old crates. Maybe we can wish and dream that UA will sign up and buy some of the new 764's....?

[This message has been edited by Gaucho100K (edited 07-11-2002).]
Old Jul 11, 2002, 3:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:
Maybe we can wish and dream that UA will sign up and buy some of the new 764's....?</font>
As long as they don't have a look at what DL did with them
Old Jul 11, 2002, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:
How much does an A fare price at?
</font>
I have not seen any decent A fares between JFK and SFO, but can easily find them through a connecting city. Flights terminating in SFO always seemed to price out as P fares whenever I poked around.

I just booked an A fare from JFK to PDX with a connection in SFO for $2284, nearly half of what P costs. Full Y for the same flight is well over $2600. If I lived in SFO, I would probably pay the extra $140 or so just to fly to PDX and start my trip there. As a matter of fact, this is precisely what I did last year, when good A fares from PDX were fairly hard to come by. In that case, I flew first to LAS and then begin my itinerary to JFK from there. In fact, even today, LAS is still $100 cheaper than PDX, just a tad over $2100 for the A seat. And the cheap LAS flights allow for connections via LAX as well.

The key to getting these fares is to be sure to book that 7:00AM flight out of JFK; no other flight seems to do the trick. There is a little more flexibility on the return trip. And please note there is no great difficulty locating qualifying segments. Put in some dates in Orbitz, select First Class and there they are. Merely looking at segments with seats available in A will not be very productive. Choosing any other sequence of flights between PDX and JFK will indeed produce relatively decent first class fares (the same price as C) but only a few segments will produce the A fares that are cheaper than Y.
Old Jul 11, 2002, 9:27 pm

This was last year but wanted to pass it on anyway:
I was traveling to/from SFO and JFK all last year and was able to *constantly* book $300 and sometimes less for RTs - so long as it was 14 days in advance. If I missed that 14 day window, it would literally go to like $2K. This was in the summer as well, when the heat in NYC isn't as appealing. Seriously, I recall getting $260 RT flights several times. (out on Fri, back on Sun).
Old Jul 11, 2002, 10:29 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
What are your preferred sites for pricing by exact fare class (A, C, F)? Orbitz? I played around to little success... I miss the old Easy Sabre system.
Old Jul 12, 2002, 12:22 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by auh2o:
A fares are the exact same price as BA3 fares. </font>
auh2o and that A fare will make you sooooooooooo much happier if you are stuck on a a mechanical delay.... Your post here made me smile. GG

Old Jul 12, 2002, 10:52 am

1ksfo,
again, this was a year ago, before 9/11 and when it seemed that united was still flying a lot of planes but the loads were small. But primarily I was using ual.com, or Orbitz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.