Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Easy Check-in to open at SEA tomorrow (7/1) - and some bad news

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2002, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, UA 1MM

Easy Check-in will be “officially” open in Seattle tomorrow (7/1) – two units are open today (6/30) for “live” testing. Easy Check-in is located on the left (south) side of the United ticket counters (bag check is permitted). The United ticket counter queues are reconfigured with the 1K and Premier lines now located to the center of the counter area; the domestic and international economy lines have been combined.

Here is the only bad news: no more ticket purchase line – I asked an agent if this was just overlooked in their reconfiguration and was told that “all agents have been trained in ticketing” and that I can go to any line. I really liked having a separate ticket purchase away from the chaos of the check-in lines. Oh well – at least most of the agents at SEA are great!
Old Jun 30, 2002, 12:39 pm
In Memoriam

Thanks for the news. I am glad to see UA FINALLY catching up with AS and NW in SEA.
Old Jun 30, 2002, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Personally, "catching up" means that your personal relationships with UA personnel are diminished. For joeblow UA flyer who gets to play with a machine to check in, oh goodie. For the temporary mileage bonus, I'll do it (and the boarding pass makes getting through security 10 seconds faster than a receipt). Otherwise, I'd rather get to know (and continue to know) the RCC and 1K room staff.
Old Jun 30, 2002, 6:33 pm
In Memoriam

But, you're only looking at it from the elite perspective. Here's my take on it. I have status on UA but not on NW. I have an early a.m. flight on NW soon. If I have to stand in line with hundreds of others, I have to get up at about 3 a.m to make it to the airport in time for both the check-in and security lines (if I'm checking a bag). But, if I can check in at a kiosk, I can sleep in a while longer. And, maybe next year or the year after I won't have status on UA and will face the same dilemma with them.

How about a more egalitarian perspective? I don't believe anyone will be forcing you to use a machine so go ahead to the club and leave shorter lines for poor Joe Blow who doesn't have that option. I don't see how this takes away from you, but it can help a lot of other people.
Old Jun 30, 2002, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TravelWeary:
But, you're only looking at it from the elite perspective. ... How about a more egalitarian perspective? </font>

My fragile warped little mind has a hard time thinking about anything UA-related in an egalitarian perspective
Old Jul 1, 2002, 9:50 am
In Memoriam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eastbay1K:

My fragile warped little mind has a hard time thinking about anything UA-related in an egalitarian perspective
</font>
Absolutely understandable!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.