Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA Biz C+ seating SFO-ORD? Meals? on both a B777 and B744

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2002, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Hello everyone,

I'm going to be flying UA from SFO to ATW through ORD the end of July.

My company has me in C class. I've been hearing on this board about C+ seating.

1)What is C+ seating? I tried doing a search on united.com and can't find anything reffering to it.

2)Is this just like E+ with more legroom? If so, where are they on the plane.

3)Overall, If you were in C class on a 3 class B777 or B744, where would you sit?

4)How are the meals in C class these days? My flights both show "Snacks" on them.

Just FYI, I'm on the 11am SFO-ORD B777 and the 5pm ORD-SFO B744.

Thanks for the info!

------------------
SFnFlaGuy
Old Jun 26, 2002, 11:48 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SFnFlaGuy:
Hello everyone,

I'm going to be flying UA from SFO to ATW through ORD the end of July.

My company has me in C class. I've been hearing on this board about C+ seating.

1)What is C+ seating? I tried doing a search on united.com and can't find anything reffering to it.

2)Is this just like E+ with more legroom? If so, where are they on the plane.

3)Overall, If you were in C class on a 3 class B777 or B744, where would you sit?

4)How are the meals in C class these days? My flights both show "Snacks" on them.

Just FYI, I'm on the 11am SFO-ORD B777 and the 5pm ORD-SFO B744.

Thanks for the info!

</font>
Hey there!

1) C+ refers to a new configuration Business Class product. The seats are identifcal, except in aircraft where C+ is installed, there is 30 degrees more recline (to 150 degrees, makes a world of difference) and there is more pitch (or legroom).

C+ is installed select 777s (it is unsure whether the one you will be flying in from SFO will have it, it's hit and miss). C+ is installed in all 747s.

2). E+ is Economy Plus, completely different from Business Class.

3) I would choose row 15 upstairs for the 747 for Business Class and rows 8 or 9 in the 777.

4) Meals are being reintroduced - you will get something decent SFO-ORD... probably a large chicken salad or chicken sandwich last I recall on this route on a non-breakfast time flight.

Hope that helps!

------------------
When once you have experienced being a 1K, you will forever fly the friendly skies with your eyes set on 100% mileage bonus and SWUs, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return, every year!
Old Jun 26, 2002, 11:55 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by *HighFlyah*:
Hey there!

1) C+ refers to a new configuration Business Class product. The seats are identifcal, except in aircraft where C+ is installed, there is 30 degrees more recline (to 150 degrees, makes a world of difference) and there is more pitch (or legroom).

C+ is installed select 777s (it is unsure whether the one you will be flying in from SFO will have it, it's hit and miss). C+ is installed in all 747s.

2). E+ is Economy Plus, completely different from Business Class.

3) I would choose row 15 upstairs for the 747 for Business Class and rows 8 or 9 in the 777.

4) Meals are being reintroduced - you will get something decent SFO-ORD... probably a large chicken salad or chicken sandwich last I recall on this route on a non-breakfast time flight.

Hope that helps!

</font>
Thanks a bunch HighFlyah! You gave such useful info. I'll try to see if the "preferred" seats that you mentioned are available. I'll find out tomorrow.

Thanks again!

(Since CO is my primary carrier, it's quite a refreshing change in getting the opportunity to fly on a wide-body aircraft )

------------------
SFnFlaGuy
Old Jun 26, 2002, 12:21 pm

You're welcome.

To clarify, row 15 upstairs is the exit window. I also prefer upstairs because it's a smaller, private cabin and the exit row gives you unlimited legroom. You couldn't reach the seat in front of you even if you your legs were three times as long. And no one's reclining into you.

Row 8 and 9 on the 777 is like a separate little cabin too, however, beware as there seems to be a little less legroom there on C+ planes because of the size of the area. There wasn't much room to work with in increasing leg room. The back Business cabin was easier because they just removed rows. C and C+ both had 8 and 9.

------------------
When once you have experienced being a 1K, you will forever fly the friendly skies with your eyes set on 100% mileage bonus and SWUs, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return, every year!
Old Jun 27, 2002, 11:41 pm

Just to piggyback on HighFlyah's post..

You can tell if your aircraft will have C+/E+ on the day of departure by checking out the nose or tail numbers, then referring to this:

http://fleetguide.imkeww.com

At present at least 15 of the 3-class 777s are outfitted with C+/E+.
Old Jun 28, 2002, 6:10 am

Also remember that you must be 1P or 1K to select exit rows (such as 15 on the 744) in advance. You can ask to be moved to the exit row at checkin, however, and my experience is that you have a fair chance of getting it.

Head over to http://www.seatguru.com/ for the full skinny on 74/77 C seats.
Old Jun 28, 2002, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
And if Row 15 isn't available, move backward on the upperdeck. Go for 17A or B or 18G or H. (These seats have no one behind you - or next to you for Row 18 - and afford a modicum of additional privacy.)

Personally, I leave Row 15 for my friends down under; while I love the notion of unlimited leg room, there is something somewhat soothing about a seat pocket in front of me to tuck something into. Especially when I'm in the aisle and those handy under window storage bins are not under my control.
Old Jun 28, 2002, 9:53 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Frequent Freak:
Also remember that you must be 1P or 1K to select exit rows (such as 15 on the 744) in advance. You can ask to be moved to the exit row at checkin, however, and my experience is that you have a fair chance of getting it.

Head over to http://www.seatguru.com/ for the full skinny on 74/77 C seats.
</font>
Thanks for the info. I realized that yesterday when I tried requesting row 15 .

With that in mind, just in case I can't get row 15 on the B744, what would be your second choice on the upper deck?

(I'd really want to get the upper deck since my primary carrier, CO, doesn't have B744 and I would just love to experience this again.) The last time I flew on a B747 on the upper deck was way back when UA flew SFO-ZRH through IAD on a B742. That was quite an interesting experience. But, it's been so long now, that I really can't remember it all that well.

Thanks again for the info!

------------------
SFnFlaGuy
Old Jun 28, 2002, 10:15 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
If you are booked in C, why NOT upgrade to United First Suite? :P

Talk about a world of difference!

-nate
Old Jun 28, 2002, 10:57 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UAPremierExec:
If you are booked in C, why NOT upgrade to United First Suite? :P

Talk about a world of difference!

-nate
</font>
I wish that that were the case. My company has a corporate account with UA that let's us fly in "NC" or "NF" (two cabin F) not "C" or "F" when I'm flying on company business. (This is on a paid "Y" class ticket) Sorry about the confusion in my original post. I'm in "C" class but booked as "NC".

I know it's a world of difference. I had the chance to fly on a B777 as a UA employee from ORD-DEN-SFO back in 2000. It was great!
I was lucky since, the Suites were fairly new at that time, I was able to choose my exact flights based on the A/C that had the new "Suites" installed.

Oh well, at least now, I'm a revenue passenger! No need to worry whether or not I'll get on. (In this case though, I think a lot of NRSA's will get F class since the flight is pretty empty and no Double UG's are allowed.) That's one thing I miss about being a UA employee. C class can be full but, since no double UG's are permitted, I could still get F class as an employee!

Just wanted to add that my current seat assignment on the flight is 16H. 16AB,17AB are not available. Is this a good seat 16H?
Enough legroom? (I did check www.seatguru.com and it said that this seat has "a little less legroom than the 16AB,17AB seats.)

------------------
SFnFlaGuy

[This message has been edited by SFnFlaGuy (edited 06-28-2002).]
Old Jun 30, 2002, 8:43 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
16H is ok, but try to go farther back -- to 18 if at all possible. Or, 17A/B.

When I'm in 18, I cannot reach the seat back in front of me without getting up from my seat-and I'm 5'10. That's pretty good room to me.
Old Jul 1, 2002, 10:08 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SFO 1K:
16H is ok, but try to go farther back -- to 18 if at all possible. Or, 17A/B.

When I'm in 18, I cannot reach the seat back in front of me without getting up from my seat-and I'm 5'10. That's pretty good room to me.
</font>
Thanks for the advice! I've changed my seat to 18H for now. I'm 6ft 1in tall myself. And there's nothing more that annoys me than cramped seats/ insufficient legroom. Hopefully 18H will be good enough.

------------------
SFnFlaGuy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.