Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Possibilities ORD-SIN

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2009, 3:26 pm
dfe
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM; *A Gold Life; CX Gold; Marriott Platinum LT; SPG Plat; HHonors Diamond
Upgrade Possibilities ORD-SIN

I fly ORD - SIN quite frequently and upgrade either using SWU's or miles, both through NRT and HKG. I have always had very good luck and have never been denied (so far), but I always fly alone.

However in Feb 2010 several other associates (all with at least 1P status but not necessarily 1K) and I would like to do ORD-SIN on the same flight, some using SWU's and some using miles (H class). These would be flights outbound and returning on Tuesdays.

I am seeking opinions on the best probability of getting multiple upgrades on the same flight -- connecting through NRT (881) or HKG (895).

My gut feeling is that NRT (881) might be better but just don't know how the volumes work on these two flights. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 13, 2009, 3:40 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Too early to tell. The best bet would be to book as soon as possible to get on WL early. Make sure that if you go via HKG that you book the flight as ORD-HKG-SIN and not ORD-SIN as the upgrade space has to be available for both segments if you book ORD-SIN while ORD-HKG-SIN would clear independently.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 3:50 pm

I have gotten 3 upgrades cleared on the same flight (SIN - ORD, 1 stop via HKG) before, however, the flights were booked and confirmed with NC2, so there was only 1 on waitlist and seems to be the first one on the waitlist. Not sure if 1P mileage upgrade clears after all 1K upgrades (PA, PB list?). As stated, try to get the flight to ticket like ORD - HKG - SIN instead of ORD - SIN, 1 stop, which might improve chances. I have successful gotten the ORD- HKG - SIN via consolidators instead of through .bomb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.