Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

My Itineraries - flight status no longer shown

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2009, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, HHonors Diamond

Unless I've gone mad, my itineraries *used* to show the flight status for each leg: that is, confirmed or waitlisted. Thus, you could see

UAXXX... Economy... Confirmed...

and, lower down, if you were waitlisted for an upgrade to C on the same flight,

UA XXX... Business... Waitlisted...

In the last day or so, this stopped appearing, so you just see two copies of the same flight, one economy, one business, with seats N/A on the second copy. (Well, I do.) If you click the link for a receipt, the status information reappears (for that version of the itinerary). Flight: confirmed for the first copy. Flight: waitlisted for the second.

All of this is just fine, I suppose, provided that the appearance of two copies of the same flight indicates reliably that you are waitlisted for an upgrade. Can anyone think of any reason why this shouldn't be the case?

m

p.s. In case you're wondering why I'm interested: last trip, UA called me up when the upgrade cleared, but I didn't return the call for a few days - they'd left a message - and when I did they said that because they couldn't get hold of me they hadn't been able to process the request. It was okay in the end - they put me back on the list, and I got the upgrade just before the flight - but for this trip I thought that maybe I'd keep an eye on the request myself, which was easy, but maybe just got a little harder.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Not sure what is going on with yours, but mine still shows both flight and upgrade status
Old Sep 13, 2009, 2:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Whenever I've seen this, it means your upgrade has cleared. Call.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
All of my confirmed, waitlisted, and pending upgrades are showing up properly.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, HHonors Diamond
unitedairlines.co.uk

Thanks!

I called up, and the upgrades haven't cleared - I'm still waitlisted. I checked the site again, and there's still no status info.

But... I've been using unitedairlines.co.uk.

I logged into united.com, and the status information is indeed there.

So the information has been dropped from the UK site, but not from the US one.

m

(I mis-remembered: it actually says "Flight: waitlisted Upgrade: waitlisted" in the last column of each of the upgrade legs. But you know that.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.