Wiki Posts
Search

Disgusted with UA computers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2002, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Disgusted with UA computers

I am trying to book award travel to Europe in August. Tough enough but today in the AM, the computer crashed just as the agent identified a day that actually had award travel available, using SAS award. This afternoon, the SAS dates were gone (surprise)so I gave up on a cheap trip to Stockholm and settled for an award to London (paying Ryanair to Stockholm). Again the computer crashed just as she identified days, got our names, and.....Later, on a 3rd try, of course all the dates were full that I had booked before and my reservation had not taken prior to the crash sooooo I am annoyed and frustrated and flying on dates less desirable. It is really tough to use miles with UA as it is and this was truly a pain.
Old Jul 1, 2002, 12:56 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Go to http://www.scandinavian.net (SAS's website)

Excursion fares from LHR - ARN are aprox $190... That has GOT to be cheaper than transferring from LHR to STN to fly Ryanair???
Old Jul 1, 2002, 2:55 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Karen2:

As someone who works in IT, hate to tell you, but computers crash. United is no more immune that AA/BA/VS, or any other airline.

The free trips do go fast, especially in the summer. You need to book very early in grab them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.