Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Best seats in an Air Wisconsin UAX BAe-146?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best seats in an Air Wisconsin UAX BAe-146?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2002, 10:29 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
AWAC does initial route configurations 6 months out and changes done 45 days out, so you'll know what kind bird you are on.

Also, there are *5* BAe 146 layouts.

N616AW is the sole -100. It is 3 x 3 and it's seats are in a 30" seat pitch. Seat width is only 16.5" which isn't TOO bad, a bit larger than ATA's L1011s.

There are 2 different -200 seat maps. One model seats 86 seats and is 32" seat pitch and 2 x 3. the difference is the first and last row. The FIRST row only has 3 seats on the right side DEF, and the last row has only four seats, C, then DEF. Adjacent to "C" is a sort of closet that stores the air stairs, same as at the front, except on the cabin side there is FA storage (normally for those chicken salad boxed meals). These planes are used at AIRPORTS WITHOUT JETWAYS, as the "closet areas" have permanently fixed air stairs installed.
The other model has NO AIRSTAIRS... they must be used at airports with Jetways, so you'll mainly see them out of DEN on routes to MKE, Jackson Hole, Aspen (they have their own stairs), formerly to SBA, PIA, MLI, SGF, FSD.

There are 2 new seat maps for the -300. The standard -300 is like the last -200 I talked about.. it doesn't have air stairs and has a 32" seat pitch at 2 x 3 with 17.5" wide seats. the NEW layout (ex Ansett -300s coming online soon) will be like the other -200s and have air stairs built in, so you won't have AC seats in row 1 and no A seat in row 22 (21?).

AWAC does swap planes, ALOT. When I was working as a trainer in PIA, we had 605, 606, 612, 613 alot.. those planes are -200s and -300s respectively (Unless i got my #s mixed up and 605,606,607,608,609 are -300s and not -200s).

Keep an eye out for 146s with tail registrations N###US and N###TR.. these are some of the first birds delivered and are a bit old, and you'll notice in the lavs (if you can fit).

-nate
Old Jun 30, 2002, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.52MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.64MM)
I also prefer the back of the bus for this reason. Typically the seats in row 16 to the rear of the plane are not available (even to 1k level) for pre-assignment. So
upon checkin I usually go for the very last row and if the load is even semi-light you may have a row to yourself. Also TOTALLY AVOID row 9-12 (I think) because the wing comes thru the cabin here and the overheads are smaller (briefcase only) than some turboprops. Another advantage of the back of the bus on a lightly loaded aircraft is that if the row in front of you is empty you can push the seat backs FORWARD and make a very nice open space for yourself (have never had a flight attendant hassle over this)....no additional legroom but it still "feels" much roomier.
Furthermore (I'm almost done), on some models (can't tell in advance) the very last row on the 2 (left) side is a single seat so you can put your carry on under where the "A" seat is and have room for your feet.
But I still dislike these aircraft...they seem so ungainly....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.