Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meal on UA370 LAX-SEA? (departs 7:30PM)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2002, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Meal on UA370 LAX-SEA? (departs 7:30PM)

According to the 1P desk, there is no meal in First on this flight. Does anyone have any first-hand experience?

UA0370
LAX-SEA
Departs: 7:35PM
Arrives: 10:07PM

It's a 950-odd-mile flight so I'm surprised if what "Miss Jones" said was true... First-hand experience is always better than the UA computers!
Old Jun 25, 2002, 2:42 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
I'm sure it's snack only. It's not that long of a flight. Bring an apple, pretzels, or crackers. You can eat at Wild Ginger or 13 Coins when you arrive in SEA.
Old Jun 25, 2002, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I miss the Carvery

birdstrike
Old Jun 25, 2002, 4:58 pm

Hmm, BOS-ORD is 867 miles and I think meals have been reinstated. In any case, come July, most meals will be reinstated in all classes.

------------------
When once you have experienced being a 1K, you will forever fly the friendly skies with your eyes set on 100% mileage bonus and SWUs, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return, every year!
Old Jun 25, 2002, 5:46 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

There was breakfast on the moring SEA-LAX flight and snack on the 4:45PM LAX-SEA flight a few weeks ago.
Old Jun 25, 2002, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
It might be worth it even if it is just a cold snack/sandwich... I'll be connecting from a CRJ and we sure as heck ain't gonna get no food on that flight!
Old Jun 26, 2002, 1:10 am

Well, it kinda depends on what you consider a "snack". In this case, I've ALWAYS gotten food on my LAX-SEA flights in First. A "snack" or "lunch" is either a Cobb Salad (very large) or a Ruben sandwich (could be worse...). I was on the 1:21 flight Sunday and got the Cobb. I'm about 80% sure that the "snack" is actually one of the items above, which is about enough for dinner, including the little fruit plate, the piece of pie, the bread, and of course, the snack mix.
Old Jun 26, 2002, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

mymiles2go, yes I consider UA's "snacks" to be a satisfying meal... but I'm still left wondering if they actually serve anything on the 7:30PM LAX-SEA flight!
Old Jun 27, 2002, 6:00 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriot Gold
Meal service on short-haul flights after 7:30 PM has been discontinued in favour of helping fund the breakfast improvements, thus no meal service on this flight....
Old Jun 27, 2002, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

<grumble, grumble>

Basenji, you are wonderful!! Thanks for the information, bad news though it is...
Old Jun 27, 2002, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I may be wrong but there seems to be a cat and mouse back and forth with AS in this market, with the end result of earlier meal endtimes for UA and AS making it a snack instead of dinner service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.