Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United's Fall/Winter 2009 DEQM/DEQS Promotion (MPW049, MPW059)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United's Fall/Winter 2009 DEQM/DEQS Promotion (MPW049, MPW059)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:44 am

This thing is ridiculous. It's an EQM giveaway. My minor son just went from 0 to Premier for <US$500 - and that's with a SYD-SFO return ticket.

One-year Economy Plus with Premier Fast Track is $799 - ummm - no thanks.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:47 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by bmchris
This thing is ridiculous. It's an EQM giveaway.

My minor son just went from 0 to Premier for $460 - and that's with a SYD-SFO return ticket.
Maybe... maybe not. It would be interesting to know how many people on his flight aren't members of United's FF program in the first place. Miles flown without being in the program = zero giveaway, and as ridiculous as it may seem, I'll bet there are a lot of such people.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:50 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus - 2P
I just got an email which stated I could be bumped to Premier Exec with two qualifying trips before Nov 16.

From what I can tell, Economy (Y B) and Discount Econ (M P) would apply. I won't buy biz or First Class, but I could do Econ or Discount.

Y and B are simply - plain ol' economy and that appears to be the only choices there.

But, Discount Econ has a ton of letters and I don't know what the differences may be.

What is M and P, and how are they different from the other Discount Econ letters?
Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:53 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ness1216
Kind of a retarded question but I searched and couldn't find anything.

Under DEQM do you get the 4 e500's for essentially flying 5000 true miles?

5000 true flown miles 10k with deqm.

thanks!
e500s are based on BIS, not EQM.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by skywalkerbeth
I just got an email which stated I could be bumped to Premier Exec with two qualifying trips before Nov 16.

From what I can tell, Economy (Y B) and Discount Econ (M P) would apply. I won't buy biz or First Class, but I could do Econ or Discount.

Y and B are simply - plain ol' economy and that appears to be the only choices there.

But, Discount Econ has a ton of letters and I don't know what the differences may be.

What is M and P, and how are they different from the other Discount Econ letters?
Who sent this email UA MP? Don't know specifically you are talking, enlighten.

In regards to the fare basis codes they are confusing to say the least. I don't even have an encyclopedic knowledge of ALL of the UA ones even. Granted 95% of the time you won't have to know 1/3 of them.

Basically think of them in terms of expensive to cheap and the order doesn't change.

Y/B is the most expensive economy fare classes with K,L being the cheapest

Here is the post that can help you.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-each-one.html
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: *G
I found out about both DEQM from this website. Not from a mailing by United. I doubt casual flyers or even most business travelers know about or is registered for it.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by deniah
I found out about both DEQM from this website. Not from a mailing by United. I doubt casual flyers or even most business travelers know about or is registered for it.
Yeah no doubt this latest DEQM is of the clandestine variety. You wouldn't even know about it by going on UA website. You have to navigate to a specific page and it gets the same weight as Star Alliance flights can count towards elite status.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:18 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus - 2P
Originally Posted by schley
Who sent this email UA MP? Don't know specifically you are talking, enlighten.

In regards to the fare basis codes they are confusing to say the least. I don't even have an encyclopedic knowledge of ALL of the UA ones even. Granted 95% of the time you won't have to know 1/3 of them.

Basically think of them in terms of expensive to cheap and the order doesn't change.

Y/B is the most expensive economy fare classes with K,L being the cheapest

Here is the post that can help you.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-each-one.html

Thank you Schley. I literally got it 15 mins ago. It was from MP, yes.

How on earth do you know what you are getting, code wise, when you buy on Expedia? Will the United site tell you AT TIME OF PURCHASE? How confusing.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Will the United site tell you AT TIME OF PURCHASE?
Yes, it will.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 12:09 pm

Thank you Schley. I literally got it 15 mins ago. It was from MP, yes.

How on earth do you know what you are getting, code wise, when you buy on Expedia? Will the United site tell you AT TIME OF PURCHASE? How confusing.
You can actually search for UG fares on .bomb as well. If it is international they you can search for M/H fares (UG with miles) or W or higher fares for SWU's etc.

Give it a whirl, but keep in mind that now the prices displayed are sans taxes/fees.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Question for you before i start booking some trips. Using the double EQS promo I will re-qualify for Premier Exec once the double segments post.

But these will post in early 2010 right? So my balance on 12/31/09 will not be 60 EQS. So will I still re-qualify for Premier Exec or just Premier?

Thanks.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 12:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by snowed
Question ...
But these will post in early 2010 right? So my balance on 12/31/09 will not be 60 EQS. So will I still re-qualify for Premier Exec or just Premier?

try http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12398896-post748.html -- just a few post back.

Trying to say this nicely but probably a good idea to read some of the thread before posting a question
This question has been asked and answer numerous times. And yes this is a long thread but part of that is due to asking and answering the same question multiple times.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
try http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12398896-post748.html -- just a few post back.

Trying to say this nicely but probably a good idea to read some of the thread before posting a question
This question has been asked and answer numerous times. And yes this is a long thread but part of that is due to asking and answering the same question multiple times.
Thanks and sorry.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
I raised a question a few dozen posts back about the various Elite Choice levels and what happened to those of us who hit the levels early. Two members reassured me that we'd get everything from both promotions and Mrs. Fredd just dug this out of T & C as well:

You may also qualify for exciting
2009 Elite Choice Year End rewards, based on your status and EQM/EQS
balance as of December 31, 2009.

Please indulge me if everybody else has already figured this out but this Double-Double Promotion has been doubly confusing to me.

Cheers,
Fredd
Old Sep 18, 2009, 5:34 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Fredd
I raised a question a few dozen posts back about the various Elite Choice levels and what happened to those of us who hit the levels early.....
There are two Elite choice promotions
1) One based on your March 1 status, 2009 Elite Choice
2) One based on your year-end status, Year End rewards
Fairly simple and straightforward, you can earn rewards from both, one or none

Been extensively discussed in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...d-rewards.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.