Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA free tix exchange or full credit when ill?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2002, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

When you are ill and have doctor's letter, does UA waive the $150 to change tix or get credit? If yes, can this be done at their Ticket office, or do yoy have to mail in?
Old Apr 27, 2002, 5:15 pm

when i got sick and could not take a trip, i called and they gave me 1 year to use the ticket to the same place. if i was to change it, than i was to pay the change fee. no refund without the fee.
Old Apr 27, 2002, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
HAd this issue recently with UA. Partner's father had a stroke, and we could not travel. I called UA to ask for either a refund or a full credit.

"No can do."

I pulled up UA's contract of carriage, which clearly states that in the event of death or illness of pax or family member, along with propper ducumentation, any restriction will be waived.

UA at first told me I brought up an out of date contract. When I told them it was from the UA website, and that the msot recent update was one week ago, they said, "Well, it must be a new rule that hasn't filtered to us yet."

After endless phone calls, they finally granted me a "one time only exception." I was angry at this. They were acting as through they were being benevolant rather than honoring their contract.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.