Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Am I allowed to get a copy of my PNR (SWU issue)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am I allowed to get a copy of my PNR (SWU issue)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2002, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
Were those your records they were showing you? </font>
Of course not, they can't show you your PNR, that would be against the rules. But they can show you someone else's PNR.

Old Mar 25, 2002, 10:01 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by transpac:
Of course not, they can't show you your PNR, that would be against the rules. But they can show you someone else's PNR.

</font>
I was like, THAT CAN'T BE ME! I've never no-showed...

------------------
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

- Leonardo da Vinci
Old Mar 25, 2002, 10:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by iluv2fly:
No, mine!

</font>
No, YOUR record would have multiple lines where they said "pax annoyingly lingers at podium to get bumped"

------------------
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

- Leonardo da Vinci
Old Mar 25, 2002, 11:19 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by *HighFlyah*:
No, YOUR record would have multiple lines where they said "pax annoyingly lingers at podium to get bumped"

</font>
No, just "pax annoying."

[This message has been edited by iluv2fly (edited 03-25-2002).]
Old Mar 25, 2002, 2:07 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UALRSSRDTWRR:
The main reason is that there are things in records cust are not to see.</font>
And we're still waiting to for UALRSSRDTWRR to tell us what sort of things those are. Come on! We're big boys and girls. We can take it. And we're the ones who are paying.....

[Edited for typos - or was it Thai Pose? Arturo, where are you?]

[This message has been edited by 1P (edited 03-25-2002).]
Old Mar 25, 2002, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
If you have a good relationship with a travel agent, they can access and print out a copy of most PNRs.
Old Mar 25, 2002, 3:05 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by avek00:
If you have a good relationship with a travel agent, they can access and print out a copy of most PNRs.</font>
Are you sure these are the same United res agents see?

------------------

- Leonardo da Vinci
Old Mar 25, 2002, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:
So if the Sydney branch of an international company has access to information on someone aomewhere in the world, even if the transactions have occurred entirely outside of Australia, that person can request the information from the Sydney branch?</font>
Yes, but if they still refuse, you have to sue in Australia.

Old Mar 25, 2002, 10:22 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I used to have an agent who printed my PNR out for me with every ticket because he knew I liked to have a copy. How cool is that? Came in useful to one time when AC decided to nuke my seat assignment and decided to be snotty about giving me the middle seat in the back. When I pointed out my clear seat assignment on the PNR, with no a/c type change or anything the agent had to quickly backflip and give me a similar seat. Ha! Take That, MapleFlot!

In general though, UA PNR's aren't very interesting to look at, although seeing the "$" signs around "100 000 MILE FLYER" always gives me a bit of a smile.

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Ansett Australia: In memory of "One of the world's great airlines"
Feb 17, 1936 - March 4, 2002. R.I.P
Old Mar 25, 2002, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichardMEL:
In general though, UA PNR's aren't very interesting to look at, although seeing the "$" signs around "100 000 MILE FLYER" always gives me a bit of a smile.

</font>
I'm interested in

1) seeing that what the mexico customer service agent promised me about using my 2002 SWUs and telling me how lucky I was is actually in my PNR.

2)The $ signs around the 100,000 mile flyer
Old Mar 26, 2002, 5:56 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by avek00:
If you have a good relationship with a travel agent, they can access and print out a copy of most PNRs.</font>
Yes they can, however most comments entered by the UA agents are contained inside "United Fields" which cannot be displayed/seen/printed by travel agencies. In fact they won't even print out when UA does a hardcopy of the PNR unless the agent specifically requests hard copy of the United Fields.

Old Mar 27, 2002, 3:16 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UALRSSRDTWRR:
As for printing out an actual PNR, we do not do that for psgrs. The main reason is that there are things in records cust are not to see</font>
That kind of storing of information about a person in a database without their knowledge or consent and without any method of review is exactly what the law here is to prevent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.