Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Credit Card EQM question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2009, 4:43 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt. RewardsNetwork dining.
Originally Posted by MP Premier
So true that EQM's are not easily teased out of all the RDM's reported. Only way to really do it right is to keep a spreadsheet of all travel and United.com Visa purchases for EQM's (flights only though, not for other stuff like miles, RCC membership, $$$ involved promos like the 1P fastrack - they will earn RDM only). Then you can reconcile what you think you earn with what posts. MP support can get you a more detailed printout if you ask for it as mentioned.
After reading this thread, I started process of checking/reconciling my Platinum Visa EQMs. I called MP and the agent gave me the EQM breakout over the phone. My categories within the total were:

1. United
2. Star Alliance
3. Promotional miles:
3a) High yield (Y or B)
3b) Spring DEQM
3c) Fall DEQM
3d) booking on website with Visa

She said she could not see any posting dates.

I used a spreadsheet to compare
--the numbers I got from MP
--Visa statements, "Mileage Plus Miles Earned" section (United, Star Alliance, everyday purchases, purchases)
--Visa statements, actual transactions.

It appears that 200 EQM miles for 2009 are missing. I'm going to call tomorrow and follow up on that. There's an LAX-BOS trip that was $200.40, so maybe it was missed.

One possibility is that I didn't purchase that LAX-BOS trip on United.com. Can you tell the difference between United.com purchases and (other) United Air purchases, from account activity transactions on the statement?
Old Sep 29, 2009, 6:19 am

Programs: UA MP Premier Silver (sigh!), Virgin Elevate, HHonors, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Gold, Does AAA count?
Originally Posted by BonnieSEA
Can you tell the difference between United.com purchases and (other) United Air purchases, from account activity transactions on the statement?
I checked on some back statements. Here's the one MP Visa United purchases which did not earn EQM's:

03/02 UAL*MILEAGE PLUS OFFER 800-421-4655 IL 350.00

but come to think of it, I did this MP 1P Fastrack offer over the phone and not on .bomb (Don't even remember if it was offered for that). Otherwise all my other United purchases have an 0162xxxxxxxxxx ticket number associated with it.

It would be interesting to how other charges like baggage fees and other upgrades associated with a specific flight/itinerary might be posted and then possibly counted or not. We'll need some more specific examples with EQM correlation.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 6:53 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jan_az
Readd the fine print - you only get the 5K EQM once.

I suggest you fly
If you have multiple MP cards can you get the 5K annual .bomb EQM bonus for each card?
Old Sep 29, 2009, 8:08 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by Krustov
If you have multiple MP cards can you get the 5K annual .bomb EQM bonus for each card?
My understanding is that you can only accumulate 5k total between all cards tied to your MP number.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 8:59 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
My understanding is that you can only accumulate 5k total between all cards tied to your MP number.
I'll have to check into that further before I test the theory. It looks like it might be time for Mrs. Krustov to get her own MP card.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:09 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BonnieSEA
...One possibility is that I didn't purchase that LAX-BOS trip on United.com. Can you tell the difference between United.com purchases and (other) United Air purchases, from account activity transactions on the statement?
United.com purchases will show up on the Chase card as from ROSEMONT IL.

Additionally Web Support purchases from MAKATI CITY & PUNE MAHARAS IL will earn Platinum card EQM credits

You can see the city on the printed or online statement. Other cities mean the purchases do not qualify.

Plus there is a limit of 5,000 purchase EQMs per calendar year.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt. RewardsNetwork dining.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
United.com purchases will show up on the Chase card as from ROSEMONT IL.
I looked through my statements and that does seem to be the case... and that particular LAX-BOS purchase was not Rosemont. So I won't bother to follow up on it.

Thanks WineCountry!
Old Nov 7, 2009, 9:40 am

EQM from two cards

Is the additional 5K for united.com spend still posting around the 20th of the month ?

I'm sweatimg it for that 5K for my 1K status and trying to decide if I need to book a MR for it or can I count on it?

To make things slightly more complicated I had 2 MP card this year. Both posted 5K EQM each and my total EQM from chase is 10K this year. I'm assuming I'm still ok since the limit is 15K EQM.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 10:14 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by sunil
Is the additional 5K for united.com spend still posting around the 20th of the month ?

I'm sweatimg it for that 5K for my 1K status and trying to decide if I need to book a MR for it or can I count on it?
If you cross the $35K threshhold during your billing cycle that ends in December, you will receive the EQMs for it in that year.

From the T&Cs
("Year" means, for your first year as a cardmember, the period beginning with your Enrollment Date through your December statement date of that same year. For each year thereafter, "Year" means the twelve month period beginning the day after your December statement date through your December statement date of the next year.) As a one-time bonus each Year, once you reach $35,000 or more in Net Purchases, and you make one additional purchase within that Year, you will receive 5,000 EQM.
To make things slightly more complicated I had 2 MP card this year. Both posted 5K EQM each and my total EQM from chase is 10K this year. I'm assuming I'm still ok since the limit is 15K EQM.
The limit is 15K the first year and 10K for years after that. Are both your MP cards new for this year?
Old Nov 7, 2009, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by AquaDyne
If you cross the $35K threshhold during your billing cycle that ends in December, you will receive the EQMs for it in that year.

From the T&Cs

The limit is 15K the first year and 10K for years after that. Are both your MP cards new for this year?
Both cards are new this year and I'm looking for the 5K EQM from the purchase of $5K on united.com . It did not post with the rest of my chase miles a few days ago which is why I'm sweating it
Old Nov 7, 2009, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Both cards are new this year and I'm looking for the 5K EQM from the purchase of $5K on united.com . It did not post with the rest of my chase miles a few days ago which is why I'm sweating it
The purchases EQMs usually show up the month after the purchases RDMs show up -- usually around the 20th to 24th of the next month.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 1:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by gengar
There's plenty of stuff in other threads about your latter question.
I've tried searching on the refunded ticket EQM topic, and not found anything helpful (too many results). Can you suggest some serach terms ?

Also, another question - if the tix are booked in 2009, but the EQMs don't post til 2010, what year do they post to ?
Old Nov 7, 2009, 1:48 pm

You've still got the Nov 24-ish and Dec 24ish sweeps to get it. I wouldn't sweat it.

I'd sweat a purchase in late-Nov/early-Dec, depending on your statement closing date, however...

The purchases EQMs usually show up the month after the purchases RDMs show up -- usually around the 20th to 24th of the next month.
I believe that's the current consensus opinion. Posting around 20th to 24th, following your statement closing date. Depending on when your statement closes, there may or may not be enough time for the request to post in that sweep.

I've routinely received my ua.com purchase EQM on the 24th of the month, about 7 days after my statement closes on the 17th.

Originally Posted by dgwright99
Also, another question - if the tix are booked in 2009, but the EQMs don't post til 2010, what year do they post to ?
If you book them during a statement period that closes in 2009, the EQM should post in 2009 for 2009 status.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by AquaDyne
Originally Posted by dgwright99
....If you book them during a statement period that closes in 2009, the EQM should post in 2009 for 2009 status.
While not a direct answer, my experience last year was the following
-- I had used the max of 5K EQMs for 2008
-- after my December card closing but before the end of the calender year, on Dec 28th, purchased a ticket which appeared on by January bill
-- did not receive 2009 EQM credit (and neither 2008 credit since had exceeded the max)

this suggest the EQMs will credit to the calender year of the purchase, and not the calendar year of the billing.

As with all things related to this, YMMV
Old Nov 7, 2009, 2:44 pm

-- after my December card closing but before the end of the calender year, on Dec 28th, purchased a ticket which appeared on by January bill
-- did not receive 2009 EQM credit (and neither 2008 credit since had exceeded the max)

this suggest the EQMs will credit to the calender year of the purchase, and not the calendar year of the billing.
The T&C's rather specifically define "Year" for the purposes of EQM earning as beginning on the day following your December statement. You were shorted 2009 EQM and could probably deal with Chase customer service to get them (if they are important)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.